We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Advice!

York
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Advice!

Hello,

My husband and I are travelling to Bali this February, we have already booked to stay in Ubud for 5 nights then we have 5 nights free and are looking for some advice/suggestions and help with where to stay! We have considered North Bali, East Bali, Lombok and Gili Islands and now we are really confused!!! After those 5 nights we have 5 more booked in Seminyak, we are not divers or surfers and looking for somewhere relaxing.

Grateful for any help Jen

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,002 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Advice!

I would have a look at Sanur...it's sure to deliver a relaxing holiday and also offer good accommodation, restaurants, shopping and on one of the better beaches in Bali, all only 20 minutes from the airport.

WAust
Level Contributor
172 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Advice!

Hi Star Bright,

Have you had a look at Nusa Lembongan? Just another option. We really enjoyed our 4 days there and could have stayed longer.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Advice!

Hi Starbright!

You have the culture and cool of Ubud for five days, your last five in Seminyak with fantastic restaurants and boutique style shopping etc., I definitely would consider Sanur as a the middle part of your holiday!

Given you are not into aquatic activities, you probably would become "restless' five days on Nusa Lembongan.

Sanur, with it's boardwalk, laid back atmosphere, good restaurants, markets and calm beach would be a great option.

Have fun choosing!

WAust
Level Contributor
172 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Advice!

Actually, we are not at all into aquatic activities and in all our trips to Bali we have only swam once (very briefly).

We are closer to 60 than 50 :/ but still really enjoyed Lembongan and we never entered the water once. Very laid back, no traffic. Each to there own and everyone has there favorites,

Sanur has better and more choice of restaraunts but I prefer the beaches on Lembongan.

York
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Advice!

Thank you for the advice :-)

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali Advice!

Welcome to the forum Jen. Maybe have a look at Amed on the east coast if you want somewhere to relax & chill out. Some beautiful scenery, you'll see local life happening around you, friendly people, very few shops, snorkelling directly from the beach in several bays. If you want any advice I'm happy to help. It's approx 2 1/2 hours drive from South Bali & 2 hours from Ubud, depending on traffic.

7. Re: Bali Advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 06:19