We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HNR - Days 1 and 2

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Topic
HNR - Days 1 and 2

Thought I would add my report as I get so much enjoyment and information from reading others'.

Left Perth on Thursday evening. Flight was delayed 20 or so minutes but ended up landing only a few minutes late. Got through VOA quickly but immigration took around 45 minutes. There was a Korean Air flight that landed the same time as ours - was quite amusing looking at these people dressed in boots, coats and scarves - I wonder how they felt once they got outside! Luggage was waiting on the carousel, straight out and changed some AUD (rate 10,500) and then around to the taxi stand (100,000 to Favehotel Umulas).

Chose this hotel as we wanted interconnecting rooms in a good location but different to where we have stayed previously (Kuta and the Legian end of Seminyak). Also, we wanted a budget option as we never spend much time in our room/villa and this was supposed to be a budget break (though I have already spent my entire shopping budget I one day!)

Arrived at hotel around 1.30 am, ran into Circle K next door for some much needed water and Bintang. Finally got to sleep around 3am.

This morning had an early breakfast (very basic breakfast here but they do have an egg station which keeps husband and daughter happy). Then it was time to hit the pool for an hour or so before heading out for the day. The pool is great, long enough for laps if you are that way inclined!

Strolled down the road, didn't make it very far before we discovered Métis on our doorstep, had a lovely lunch, total cost including a couple of beers 680,000.

Next up, taxi to Werkedura to visit my favourite sandal maker.Nizar Collection - made to measure leather sandals and wedges 250,000 to 300,000 and ready in 24 hours. A few steps down the street my husband decided he wanted another bean bag lounger (got him a couple last year when I was here on a girls' trip). Super Pillow is the name of the store, 370,000 for a double armchair thingy with a stubby holder - classy!

With two very tired and hot children in tow, made it to our next destination, Putu leather (thanks to some posts in Tripadvisor!). I am having a pair of leather ankle boots made (from a magazine picture), a copy of a Fossil tote and my husband is having some shoes made also - total cost 2,400,000. Not sure if this is a good price by bali standards but more than happy to pay that amount for custom made boots especially! I have big wide feet and shoe shopping is a nightmare!

Stopped for a Bintang and soft drink at some bar along the road, caught up on the cricket score (thought England were finally going to win a match but sadly it was not to be). Off to beachwalk and picked up some Martha Tildaar moisturisers then finally dragged our tired, hot and bothered selves into a taxi and home for a swim.

All refreshed and showered, we set off to choose this evening's restaurant. Always a mistake not to just make a decision and book ahead, we walked all the way to Seminyak before we found something that a) had a table free and b) catered to our very fussy 10 year old's limited taste buds! Ended up at Petitenget, everyone happy with their meals - I was especially happy with my French martini! Total bill 850,000 ish for four.

Hope there was some information in there that will help someone!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HNR - Days 1 and 2

Thanks you for the HNR, we are travelling with children in March so will be interested to read your reports.

Also thanks for the shoe updates as I have a a size 10-11 and would love to get some shoes made.

Enjoy the holiday

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HNR - Days 1 and 2

Sounds like your holiday is off to a great start...keep having fun and thanks for taking the time to write HNR's ... love reading them.

Cheers Caro

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HNR - Days 1 and 2

Great HNR!! Thanks for the info

Cheers Mac

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HNR - Days 1 and 2

Thanks for your HNR great read, can you please tell me where Super Pillow is ?

Have fun on your holiday Jewels

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HNR - Days 1 and 2

Great to read your report. You did well getting through the airport with the Korean Jet arriving at the same time. last time we got caught up with a Korean jumbo and were in the airport for ages. Luck of draw I guess. I might try getting some shoes made for me next time. I've never really been game so I'm keen to see how yours turn out. Look forward to your next update.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HNR - Days 1 and 2

Great to hear someone else using PUTU leather. We were thrilled with their service, the price was great and the stuff we got made was first rate.

Won't go anywhere else now. Lovely guys too.

Enjoy.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HNR - Days 1 and 2

Thanks for putting the time into your HNR. We are going to Bali on Wednesday and its great to get current info. How's the weather been?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: HNR - Days 1 and 2

Day 3

Travel with children_8 you will be happy to know it hasn't rained once since we have been here! Hot and humid :)

Today was Waterbom day, got there about 9.30am and reserved a couple of sun loungers by the pool. Then it was a quick trip around to all of the slides, no queuing so the kids had multiples goes each. It got quite busy by 1pm so I would always recommend to get there as early as possible. Total cost including entrance, food and drinks was $170 AUD.

The husband started feeling a bit off colour after lunch and by 1pm was vomiting.....he felt better afterwards but spent the rest of the afternoon resting on the sun lounger. By the time we left he was feeling fine and suggested walking across the road to Discovery for some shopping - bad idea, he started feeling sick again within minutes (and about 20 metres short of the toilets) he was vomiting again. We all bundled into a taxi to go back to our hotel, he is now in bed. Hopefully he will feel better tomorrow and fingers crossed the kids and I don't get sick! Apologies to anyone shopping in Discovery Mall this afternoon :/

So, not a very interesting update today! It is a shame to get sick when we are only here for a few days though.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: HNR - Days 1 and 2

Mullos1962 it may have been your recommendation that lead me to PUTU leather - thankyou!

They are definitely very nice, can't wait to see how everything turns out.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: HNR - Days 1 and 2

Also Donna I can't reply to your pm for some reason - Nizar Collection is about halfway down Jalan Werkerdura opposite AQ-VA hotel.

Super Pillow is about 100 metres further down (on the right hand side walking towards the beach)