We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable weather forecast

planet earth
Level Contributor
393 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable weather forecast

Hi folks, I have been watching the weather forecast for Bali but it seems no 2 websites are the same. Does anyone have an accurate website they use? Also for ocean conditions?

Much Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable weather forecast

Hiya

Don't worry about weather websites......

It will be beautifully hot, sunny, humid and rainy. Often within ten minutes of each other.

Once you're there you can't do much about it, so soak it up and enjoy...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable weather forecast

Like anywhere else where you intend to travel, the weather news & websites may change from one day to the next.

My best advice is just to assess & see the conditions on the day when you plan to surf or swim :)

planet earth
Level Contributor
393 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable weather forecast

Lol, thanks guys but its not the surf I am worried about! We are making our way from Lembongan to the Gilis today via boat, plane, taxi & boat. The weather conditions of late have seen all boats direct from Bali to the gilis cancelled! Hence I am a little anxious about our crossing from Lembongan to Bali.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reliable weather forecast

hi born2, it is my understanding that all fast boats to and from Bali and the Gilis have been cancelled until 30 January due to bad weather conditions. Predicted high winds and high seas. You may want to reconsider you plan.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reliable weather forecast

Sorry, I misread your question. You said the boats were still running Sanur to Lembongan as of yesterday, so it must be okay. Get the earliest boat possible, the later in the day the rougher the ride generally.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
446 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reliable weather forecast

Oops! Sorry misunderstood :(

7. Re: Reliable weather forecast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 06:19