We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Bromo & Ljen Volcano from Denpasar

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Mt. Bromo & Ljen Volcano from Denpasar

Does anyone know if there are budget operators in Bali offering 3-4 day tours of Mt.Bromo and the Ljen volcano, and ending back in Denpasar? Tours Ive seen online seem expensive and are based on min. two persons. Somewhere in the 3-500,000 rupias/day, all incl., would seem reasonable. Id do it on my own in 4-5 days also, if anyone else would have solo backpacker advise on a side trip like this, would be greatly appreciated. Thanx, -DAVE-

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt. Bromo & Ljen Volcano from Denpasar

We have just come back from climbing Mount Bromo.

We travelled to Surabaya to stay with friends and we then drove to Bromo and stayed overnight in Yoschis.

It's very cheap to fly to Surabaya from Bali.....I would expect the tours from Surabaya to be much cheaper.

Have you looked into doing it that way?

Put a post out on Surabaya forum as well.

Edited: 30 January 2014, 01:15
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt. Bromo & Ljen Volcano from Denpasar

Ya, I may look into Surabaya first, but time is a bit of a factor. Two years ago, I hired a teenager with a scooter to show me the sites around Yogaykarta. Hope I luck out and find another enterprising teen with a motorscooter.

3. Re: Mt. Bromo & Ljen Volcano from Denpasar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 07:22