We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused first timers

brisbane australia
Level Contributor
358 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Confused first timers

Hi. We are planning on coming to bali fir Xmas. Our young adult children are meeting us there from different corners of the world. We want a villa. Now the confusion.

A family of 5 possibly 6. Need to be near beach,shops and night life. Legian , Seminyak or jimboran? Leaning towards Jimboran but worried that it's to far away from what the night life for the kids ( and me).

A bit nervous booking online as have read of people being scammed. How do you know they are who they claim to be? (I have already had a reply from someone who was obviously not who he claimed to be)

Budget of around aud$330 per night.

Thanks in advance

Brisbane
Level Contributor
173 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused first timers

A taxi from Jimbaran to he nightclubs is cheap as chips probably about $4 or less. So if you stay out of town, no biggie. Look on trip advisor and booking.com for places with positive reviews. Try to pay via paypal, then you have recourse to get your money back if you are scammed. When you decide on a place google the cr@p out of it. Research any former names, management, scams etc. Good luck!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
847 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused first timers

I think you will find jimbaran bay will be a headache trying to get to kuta legian night life as the traffic is chaos at that time of evening I suggest legian , what sort of accomodation are you looking for hotel or villa ? I've only stayed in hotels and always booked directly

brisbane australia
Level Contributor
358 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused first timers

Looking fir villas I think

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused first timers

I totally agree with post 2.

Jimbaran is too far from everything. If on the west coast, stay in Kuta, Legian or Seminyak. Kuta is nearest the airport, Legian in the middle with Seminyak further north. All areas share the same 5 or 6 kilometer beach bay.

Jimbaran is south of the airport and is nowhere near nightlife and shops.

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused first timers

Airbnb - villa's a plenty for a lot less than $330

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused first timers

We found our villa on flipkey. I messaged the guy through his website as well as his personal profile on facebook to make sure someone hadn't hijacked his profile on flipkey. Just before we started looking there war stuff in the media here about being scammed.

Apparently even if you pay by paypal there is no recourse as it is a service you are paying for. Just make sure the paypal account you pay is the same name and also you shouldn't be paying it all upfront. Maybe even see if you can ring the person to make sure it's them.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused first timers

Legian is a great area to base yourself, really close to everything. Robins Place is worth a look, Villa 1 sleeps 8 with multiple bathrooms and is $300 a night which includes a cooked breakfast and all your laundry done. There is a shared pool. We loved the location, great cheap spa around the corner and it's so easy to get a taxi. You need to book approx a year in advance they are hard to get into.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
847 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Confused first timers

If you do decide a hotel I normally stay at the losari legian cheap clean large rooms they have villas at the hotel also it's just central to everything

9. Re: Confused first timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 08:54
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Confused first timers

Use an Australian based booking agent like cantikbalivillas.com.au rather than send your money off shore. Although remember that if you use credit cards you are protected, still you'd rather save yourself the incredible inconvenience of turning up to find you've paid for a booking that was never received by the right person.

I used this mob when I went. They become your liaison between you and where ever you choose to stay. They even passed on my flight details to my villa staff for my airport transfer. They have a huge range of villas for you to choose from all over Bali.

They are definitely Aussie because at one stage I had to ring them and an Aussie person answered the phone. They're based in Sydney. You can also layby your villa fee if it's costing $1000 or more. Spread out payments from the start and just pay it off over time right up to when you go.

Edited: 02 February 2014, 05:11