We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time Bali - range of ages 78 to 20

Victoria
3 posts
Save Topic
First time Bali - range of ages 78 to 20

Hi,

We are coming to Bali over Easter, 9 days, and I want to stay somewhere with my family - parents and young adult children, not too much action as my family really want a beach holiday, spending quality time together. As i have never been to Bali, I am getting confused with the options. I am thinking perhaps Seminyak or Sanur and perhaps a few days in Ubud. Not sure whether it is worth moving everyone out of the first place to Ubud.

So, my questions: Which would suit us better Sanur or Seminyak? Is it worth moving the 7 of us to Ubud or should we just do a day trip there?

Thanks,

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time Bali - range of ages 78 to 20

I would.just.do.a day trip fp Ubud. I think sanur or legian would.suit you you best. Easy walk.to.shopping and restaurants

Victor Harbor...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time Bali - range of ages 78 to 20

Sanur sounds just right for you.....Do a day trip to Ubud

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
13 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time Bali - range of ages 78 to 20

for a family if u want to stay together, i suggest to stay in a 2 or 3 bedroom villa with private pool. i stayed at the kubu pesisi villas last year and had a great luxury experience on a very affordable price. it also located 3 or 5 minutes walk to the famous seminyak beach.

for sanur, u should try mahagiri! they also have 2 or 3 bedroom option. although their their price is more higher than kubu pesisi, but you will get wat you paid for. this villa really luxury with a very good customer service.they also have a beach club which is located nearby and free shuttle service is provided for free

one day trip is enough for ubud on my opinion

queenscliff vic
Level Contributor
55 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time Bali - range of ages 78 to 20

sanur would suit your needs, my husband & l are seniors we were so impressed with our day visit to sanur last time we were there, we have already booked our next holiday there, the beach walk is lovely with so many great places to eat, the prices are very reasonable as well. we are staying at besakih resort hotel as it is right on the beach front. l'am sure you will be very happy with sanur. there is some lovely places to stay along the beach front.

Brighton, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time Bali - range of ages 78 to 20

I would opt for staying in one place and certainly Seminyak as I think the younger members of the party would ge bored in Sanur as it is more suited to the older crowd, you would get a villa in Seminyak that is in a quiet area but still easy for the younger ones to do what they would like. Enjoy Bali.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,016 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time Bali - range of ages 78 to 20

IMHO if you limit yourself to a "day trip" to Ubud then don't bother, really. The scenery and temples, and lifestyle and art and culture does not lend itself to a short day trip where you will just be driving through. Daytrippers come and go and think they have "seen" Ubud and then leave with an impression it's a few streets with shops and restaurants, which is not true at all.

Better to come to Ubud when you have at least a few nights.

Victoria
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First time Bali - range of ages 78 to 20

Thanks for your feedback. I have booked 5 days in Sanur and will stay 4 days in Ubud. It's always interesting the first time you go anywhere matching the expectations to the reality. It's also interesting trying to suit people in their 70's and those in their 20's but we have had some great holidays together, here's hoping this is another one.

Edited: 06 February 2014, 07:01
8. Re: First time Bali - range of ages 78 to 20

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 05:30