We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Taxi

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Taxi

Do airport taxis take USD? We will not have IDR currency on us when we arrive at 3am, and am concerned that no money changers will be open at the time.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Taxi

I arrived around 1am a few weeks ago and there were plenty money changers open. However, I don't think they would take usd. Not 100% sure

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Taxi

There are ATMs near the baggage carousel.

I think you will find that money changers are open whenever there are flights.

The exchange rate at the airport is a little lower than outside.

I would take US$ not Canadian. Canadian OK outside the airport.

There are many reliable money changers but be sensible to avoid the obvious ones that scam you.

Taxis at the airport are fixed price and organised at a booth near the passenger exit. You pay at the booth.

I think they will take card or cash in other currencies.

Edited: 04 February 2014, 02:54
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Taxi

Great, thank you for the help! We will be bringing our ATM card although my bank informed me that in order for my card to work, the ATM machine needs a "PLUS" logo on it. Do you happen to know if the airport ATMs have this logo on them?

Thanks again!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
6,194 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Taxi

You could always change a small amount into rupiah before you leave home- enough to pay for a taxi.

5. Re: Airport Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 06:19