We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas airfares from australia

brisbane australia
Level Contributor
358 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Xmas airfares from australia

Are prices likely to rise between now and Xmas? Are there ever any specials on airfares for Xmas?

Thank you

Best Seller
All-Access 9/11 Experience: Ground...
426 reviews
from US$109.00*
Best Seller
9/11 Memorial Walking Tour w/ Opt...
1,199 reviews
from US$35.00*
Bali Full-Day Traditional Village...
121 reviews
from US$40.00*
Bali Quad Bike Adventure
35 reviews
from US$45.00*
perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,682 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas airfares from australia

Hi Heath!

Airfares for peak periods are never cheap! The demand for flights to Bali over school holidays, Easter, Christmas ensures that the flights will be full and no discounting by the airlines is necessary to fill the planes!

Sorry!

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas airfares from australia

We booked ours for these coming July holidays last year. They have only got more expensive, and the direct flights have been booked out for ages. Ours were pretty expensive.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas airfares from australia

No need to discou t vlights for xmas, the flights are always full -if you are able to leave mid december you may get them cheaper.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,696 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas airfares from australia

Unfortunately you won't find cheap flights at Xmas, it's high season!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
850 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas airfares from australia

No cheap flights honey when we did Xmas last year we booked it in February by the time it got to October it was half again more expensive we saved over $1000 for the 4 of us booking early.My sister came from Melbourne and she saved $1600.

Not what you wanted to hear I no ,but better to pay now.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 02:29
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xmas airfares from australia

Im looking at Xmas at the moment, and have been twice before over the Xmas new Year period.

What I do is check daily, and when I find a price i think is ok I buy the tickets.

last time we flew Virgin at around $950 return from Sydney.

Garuda at the moment is around $1360 for the dates im considering.

So my advice, if you feel its an ok price, grab it. I wouldnt wait in the hope of snatching a bargain down the track. Supply and demand!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,973 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xmas airfares from australia

You can get an Xmas flight on Air Asia (from Coolangatta) at the moment for $807. The longer you leave it the more expensive it gets. I have never seen any flights on special at Xmas, regardless of the destination.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xmas airfares from australia

It's what I figured but lived in the eternal hope that they might come down. Oh well time to commit. Thanks all

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
272 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xmas airfares from australia

For our Xmas trip I booked our trip in 2 halves. I got our Garuda flights home in February and our flights over in September. Got very lucky by checking multiple times a day and saved a fortune. You never know. Good luck.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xmas airfares from australia

We booked in July for Sydney departure on 24 December, and had to pay around $1230.00 each return.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but there just ain't no thing as a cheap Bali airfare around Christmas time

Good luck.