We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali/Lombok Itinerary - Missing Piece?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bali/Lombok Itinerary - Missing Piece?

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be coming to Bali on July 23, and we plan to leave from Lombok on August 7. The plan is to stay near Jimbaran Bay for 3 nights (Jamahal), then 4 nights at UMA in Ubud, and then head to Lombok for 7 nights (Qunci), where we plan to use one of those nights to stay on Mt. Rinjani.

My question is, would it be better to only spend 5 nights in Lombok (including the hike), and spend an additional 2 days somewhere else on Bali? Another beach perhaps? Or a different landscape of some sort? We would be happy to stay somewhere a little less touristy as well...and we don't mind moving around.

Thank you!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali/Lombok Itinerary - Missing Piece?

Maybe consider boat transfer Bali-Gili Islands for 2 nights before heading to Qunci Villas. You can also do day trip from Qunci to Gili Islands using local boats from the beach in front of Qunci, about 60 minutes each way trip.

Sidemen
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali/Lombok Itinerary - Missing Piece?

Take a look at Villa Sidemen (www.villasidemen.com) in the beautiful Sidemen Valley. You might like to compare Mt. Agung to Mt. Rinjani. The view from the villa is spectacular. And not many tourists around...

There is much information about the villa and the Sidemen area in their blog http://villasidemen.blogspot.com/

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali/Lombok Itinerary - Missing Piece?

the above suggestion of gili islands on way to Lombok mainland is a great suggestion. nice snorkelling. three islands to choose from.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali/Lombok Itinerary - Missing Piece?

As you are planning on spending 2 full days on the crater rim hike, I wouldn't cut Lombok short. The Gilis ARE part of Lombok, you could stay on one for a couple of nights, or head to South Lombok for amazing beaches. That being said, Qunci is lovely and very easy to stay there and just do day trips to gilis and south lombok

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali/Lombok Itinerary - Missing Piece?

Thanks everyone! We were planning on a day trip to one of the Gilis and maybe a drive or two to see some waterfalls around the island. I now think we would be cramming too much in to go to northern Bali. Appreciate the help.

6. Re: Bali/Lombok Itinerary - Missing Piece?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 06:18