We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the latest with the new airport?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What's the latest with the new airport?

anyone went through the airport this year? how's your arrival experience?

upon departure, is there a lounge for shower & small bites?

1. Re: What's the latest with the new airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 10:35
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the latest with the new airport?

There are two temporary lounges for Business class guests.the Garuda Executive Lounge and The Premier Lounge.

When we arrived it was a nightmare.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,738 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the latest with the new airport?

Hi username, It really depends on what time you arrive in Bali as to it being a quick VOA/Immigration/Customs procedure or not. Some are going through very fast and others are waiting a couple of hours to get through.

The only lounges available at Departure are Garuda business and Premier business. It also depends on the number of flights leaving and how busy they are if you can pay to get in or not. There were no showers in Premier lounge as it is only temporary and the food leaves a lot to be desired.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the latest with the new airport?

There were around a thousand people at the immigration when we arrived but after some haggling we took the express option and were through in 5 minutes.

I would recommend having a big meal before departure as the food is woeful and you'll have to line up to get it.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the latest with the new airport?

As far as food goes, there is a restaurant/cafe just outside of the arrivals hall. I did ask if anyone knew the name of it in another post, but whatever it's called, could this be a food option even for departures?

I'm thinking if travelers can check their luggage in early enough they could wander over to arrivals and sit down and have a decent meal?

It seemed a little odd to me that they would have a restaurant near arrivals and not near departures as you would think that most people using the restaurant would be those departing, however I'm thinking it is there for those people waiting to pick up people who are arriving. Possibly? Doesn't really make sense.

Can anyone provide any feedback on that restaurant? Is it easily/quickly accessible from departures? Is there a good selection of food/beverages? Cheers!

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the latest with the new airport?

We arrived last night at 8:30pm and was about 20mins from getting off the plane to getting in a taxi with 2 small kids. A guy who took the express visa thing actually ended up getting out after us so not always quicker.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the latest with the new airport?

It took me an hour on arrival to get past immigration . On departure what a shambles it was , non of the departure boards were working so it was hard finding your gate , food was way to expensive , the a/c had broken down and the process of departure took twice as long with extra check in points .

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the latest with the new airport?

I dont mean to hijack your thread, but am wondering....

there are approx 7 flights due to arrive at around the same time as mine any idea (roughly) how long to get thru immigration?

should we try express visa? we will be driving to Ubud so dont really want to spend hours exiting airport

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,738 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the latest with the new airport?

Hi DJUMA, Our flight usually has 7 other flights scheduled to land same time but last trip we were the only ones in the arrivals hall. Our plane landed a bit late, other planes landed early and some planes had not landed yet. Luck of the draw. There are fast track agents at arrivals touting for your business. You could always wing it and if the queue is too long grab a fast track agent to get you through.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the latest with the new airport?

Thanks Fame sounds like a plan, last time we were there we were fortunate enough to be near front of que and were out in 30mins others took nearly 3 hrs so we heard.

I will wait and see if its taking too long I will keep my eyes open for an agent