We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for accommodation advice

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for accommodation advice

Howdy!

I'm part of a group of 9 Canadian friends who will be making the 25 hour journey to Bali at the end of April. We've booked our flights and are now looking for places to stay. We're there for 3 weeks, but because of the travel time, it's more like 2.5. We're looking for 1-2 places to stay in that time. We're open to a place where you can rent out on a weekly basis or more of a hotel, preferable on the beach. Is there also accommodation with huts on the beach? In order of importance, this is what we plan to do:

1. Surf

2. Sit on the beach

3. Kite Board

4. Do adventure tours

5. Places to party (for some of our group)

Thank you very much.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for accommodation advice

Oh and I forgot to mention, our main priority is good food! Although I'm sure you can get that all over the island, proximity to good restaurants is key.

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
261 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for accommodation advice

How's your budget per night ? I suggest you to find a place to stay around Legian or Seminyak .

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for accommodation advice

If you want to kite board (flat water) then the East coast would be the best option, windy and sheltered water behind the offshore reef. Places like Sanur and Nusa Dua have lots of accomodation options. There's also surf particularly in the mornings prior to the trade winds as well. If you want to kite in the surf I'd say Seminyak? I'm not a kite boarder some I'm making these suggestions based on watching kite boarders while I'm surfing.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for accommodation advice

I'm a beginning so I'd be looking for flat water for the kite boarding. However I don't mind travelling for the day to those areas, I'd rather be closer to beginner-intermediate surfing beaches. Do you gentlemen have any recommendations on rental units or villas or bungalows?

Thanks!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
260 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for accommodation advice

Hi garrett for us to give you the best advice we need to have an idea of your budget per night. You can fit 3 in a room so keep that in mind.

I think Legian will be great for what your looking for. There are many budget accommodations but also lots of mid range places to stay too..

If you tell us your budget that will help

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for accommodation advice

We're hoping to sleep 9 of us for $2k a week approximately.

Lake Macquarie...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for accommodation advice

Ok so that works out at $30 per person per night. There is a hotel in Legian, only about 5 mi walk from the beach, Suriwathi . Cost is less then $60 per room. It is a basic hotel in a great location, good pool, clean and good AC. Just a suggestion. There are many others like it. I am only mentioning this one as I have stayed here. Also check out Green Garden they are cheap and clean. but Im sure there are plenty in Poppies Lane that will suite your budget.

Also, given that you have over a week, maybe consider splitting your time, Ubud & Lovina have cheap accommodation and gives you a bit of a different view of beautiful Bali.

Have fun researching..

Mel

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for accommodation advice

Yuli bungalows in Legian...one villa sleeps 8..($150 a night ish)..one sleeps 6 and 2 sleep 4...full kitchens,Fridges,lots of bathrooms and nice pool ..

9. Re: Looking for accommodation advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 06:17