We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just arrived report

Melbourne
Level Contributor
859 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Just arrived report

Flew Jetstar Melbourne to depassar on the 6.45pm flight. It was the new Dreamliner plane which is flash. All the seats have a Touch screen TV that has movies, radio, the hostey call button, reading light a even a button to dim the windows!! No more " your windoe shade must be fully open for take off " Now the pilot is like mum on the country road trips and controls everyone's window.

All good til we arrived in Bali. Captain said someone else was in our allocated parking bay, so we had to stay parked on the run way for 25 minutes before we could disembark. Should have towed the plane if the parking metre has expired i reckon.

Had an Aero bridge which was great, then into that awesome Bali smell!! Voa line moved quickly. Had $25 us$ left over from a Xmas trip to USA so paid using that them joined the immigration line. Line was moving well, that is until I got into it! Then every second counter worker got up and closed his station. Not sure if I smelt bad after the long flight, but we suddenly went from 6 attendants for our line to 2!!! Great news for the two flights that landed after us. 45 minutes to get through line... But sin can can I'm in Bali. Went and got a trolley for bags (free) happily there were no porters fighting for bags or getting in the way. Grabbed bags and waited 1/2 hour for husbands flight from Perth to arrive.. They were delayed on the Tarmac too. Apparently they couldn't find the bus they needed to bring the passengers to the terminals just . I sent him a message saying how bad the lines were and that if someone offered him Vip arrival to take it. Funnily enough they told him it was 1 million RP for express. 4 times the price of what I heard. Anyhow he told them to no and lined up and was through in about 25 minutes.

I waited just near the baggage collection, but on the way out saw that there is a big coffee shop to the right of the door as you exit the airport. A great place to wait to meet up with people arriving on different flights in future.

Now here is where I start my conspiracy theories. Full immigration counters, all desks serving, three new planes arrive, lines get longer, counter staff disappear and now the so called VIP arrival quadruples in price. Think maybe some of these guys are working two jobs at same time.

Anyhow got him, got his bags, through customs and happy to see a sign with our name (Bali the only place you can feel like a celebrity for bugger all)! Thought with all the delays he would have called it a night, but great driver from Kusnadi hotel grabbed the trolley, short walk outside into the car and away we go.

Got to hotel around midnight. The night security guard remembers us well (he and husband had demolished my duty free a few trips ago). He got us settled into room and then we both passed out.

This trip I have booked the basic room at Kusnadi Hotel. I am thrifty like that! Bathroom is basic. No bath or shower recess, just a tiled room with shower, toilet, basin and dressing area. It all looks and smells clean. A couple of ants and insects but nothing to worry about.

Bed was calling.

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
263 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just arrived report

Wellcome to Bali , have a pleasent stay and wonderfull vacation ...cheeeers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just arrived report

Looking forward to more of your reports. Have a great time.

South Australian...
Level Contributor
743 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just arrived report

Frankie the security guard is wonderful...have a lovely holiday

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just arrived report

Hi Melbcowgirl looking forward to your reports and hope you have a great holiday. Keep us all posted on all your shopping finds, dining experiences etc. I only have 9 weeks till my next trip so at present compiling my list of new places to visit and things to do.

Cheers Caro

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,051 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just arrived report

Sing ken ken indeed. Have a good time.

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just arrived report

Hi Melbcowgirl. Just read your post. All be a bit late, Yes I tend to be suspicious also ,as my Immigration line had the same effect on me on Saturday night when I arrived. Lines got bigger and Immigration booths got smaller for staff. Saw one couple pay $80 Australian to a guy for fast track and he took them to an end booth and stamped their passports etc, and they went straight through .now read what you like into that ,but it sounds the same in any language hey.

Edited: 06 March 2014, 04:20
sydney
Level Contributor
69 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just arrived report

thanks for the report, I would be interested in your thoughts on the Kusnadi as we will be staying there in 2 weeks.

Enjoy your holiday.

Had to laugh that you travel in a different plane to your husband, way to go !!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
859 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just arrived report

If you like small and quiet Kusnadi is great. I love the location. It is not luxury or fancy but clean, comfy beds, lovely pool, big towels and such friendly staff.

Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just arrived report

Yay Melbcow girl you have a blast, I have only ever paid the $25.00 VIP but had it organised by people in Bali. Keep up the posts I love them cheers Melbcow girls Mum

10. Re: Just arrived report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 06:28