We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali accommodation with 2 young kids

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Bali accommodation with 2 young kids

We are looking at spending a week or so in Bali later this year with our girls aged 6 and 3. Having not been to Bali for years, I am keen to gets peoples' views on staying at resorts versus villas with a family of this age, and also which regions would best accomodate us.

We would prefer to be a bit independent, ie. be within walking disctance to shops, beach, etc. rather than rely on a driver or taxis all the time.

We'd like to keep the budget to less than $200 per night.

Any suggestions appreciated...

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali accommodation with 2 young kids

We suggest you to select

1) Hard Rock Hotel Bali is close to the kuta beach and arround is artshop.

2) Mercure Kuta Bali close to the kuta beach

3) The Kuta Beach Heretage Hotel close to the kuta beach

4) Kuta Seaview Boutique

5) Sheraton Bali Kuta Resort

Better using travel agent to book more cheap than direct booking to the hotel

Level Contributor
242 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali accommodation with 2 young kids

When we stayed with our kids a couple of years ago we opted for hotel style.

We loved Tegal Sari in Ubud and the Kumala Pantai in Legian and Febris in South Kuta

Level Contributor
610 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali accommodation with 2 young kids

I like to stay in a hotel with my son as there are always other kids around to play with in the pool. We've stayed at Melasti Beach Hotel and The Lokha in Legian and loved both.

Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,015 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali accommodation with 2 young kids

I would suggest you choose to stay at sanur for all or part of your holiday. it is great for families. The beach is safe for swimming. There are plenty of hotels right on the beach front with no roads to cross and there are plenty of shady trees for the kids to play under. There is far less traffic in Sanur and restaurants, shops, spas are all around to stroll to. Look at Besakih, Respati, Inna Sindhu, Peneeda view, mercure to start with.

Kuta, Legian, Tuban and Seminyak are all much busier with a lot of traffic and the beach here can have strong rips and better suited to surfers. IF you want to stay there then The Febris hotel, Kumala Pantai are in your budget. Bali Garden hotel may be just in your budget for 4 ppl. Bali Dynasty hotel has a good reputation as a family hotel with a good kids club. I personally like hotels over villas, the kids can mix with other children.

Ubud is lovely and you may like to have a few nights here mixed in with Sanur. Greenfields, Tegal Sari are just 2 of many options. See if any of the above appeal.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali accommodation with 2 young kids

I would also suggest a hotel and probably either the hard rock , or dynasty in tuban - hotels have playmates for the kids and also you could have a kids clubs and maybe a babysitter one night.

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali accommodation with 2 young kids

We are also looking at Sanur for a few nights with our 2 young kids, but my big question is are the beaches cleaner than the rubbish covered legian/seminyak Beaches?

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali accommodation with 2 young kids

Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions. Lots of excellent tips. A great point about hotels providing more "kid company" and I think Sanur and Ubud sound like they might fit the bill.

Now for a little more research....

Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,783 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali accommodation with 2 young kids

Just thinking that Dynasty and Hard Rock are sure to be more than $200 a night. But if not and you want to stay in Kuta then they are great family hotels.

A couple of cheaper alternatives there are Bali garden hotel and Febris hotel....actually they are closer to Tuban and a little quieter in area.

Another that may be in your budget but you would have to check is Holiday inn in Tuban.

Whilst I love Tegal Sari, I wouldnt call it a kids type hotel and in Ubud there is no beach.

Sanur yes and Snooky has suggested a couple that I was going to suggest.

I would also stay in a hotel where the kids can meet other kids over a villa.

My grandkids stay with their mum and dad at Kuta Puri in Kuta and also Kuta Townhouses.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
850 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali accommodation with 2 young kids

Look at the Holiday Inn Baruna ,it's close enough to Kuta but far enough away to not be in the thick of it.You can still walk to Kuta Beautiful walk along the beach.

The kids club is wonderful great value for money. And the rooms are really lovely.

We have stayed at a few in Bali before and the kids say this is the best one by far.

But however would have to disagree with one review I have always found it much cheaper to book my holiday through the hotel direct.I booked our stay at the Holiday Inn for July this year only had to pay one nights accommodation on my card pay the rest when I get there.

10. Re: Bali accommodation with 2 young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 05:18
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question