We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top questions and destination experts - current weather.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Top questions and destination experts - current weather.

As once a day some asks about the weather I'd like to put the Kuta Beach webcam on the FAQ list can the destination experts help?

Here's the link http://balibelly.com/kuta

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top questions and destination experts - current weather.

Great suggestion.

A simple google search would usually answer this question and as we all know (except for rainy season) the weathe is hot/humid with chance of showers and 10km makes a huge difference

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,050 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top questions and destination experts - current weather.

Hi Colin - ah, where would we be without those weather questions. It is a great idea, however one restriction of the Top Questions feature is that the answers must link to a page on the TripAdvisor site. Typically, this will be a forum topic or a Traveler Article. So we can't link directly to that URL.

I guess we could link it to this forum question, but I'm not sure how the mods would feel about a Top Question linking to another site which has advertising on that page, currently Volcom and Hurley by the look of it. Gut instinct would be that it wouldn't be allowed as TA like to own and control all site content, but I'm happy to fire off an email to ask them. Hope this makes sense?

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top questions and destination experts - current weather.

The Top Questions section is usually compiled by members, not just DE's and gives personal and accurate advice or information, I don't think just supplying a link really meets the criteria. I guess letting people know what the weather is like today will always be a part of travel forums. They will still ask on the forum just to directed to a link.:)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,511 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top questions and destination experts - current weather.

I agree with Linda..If a traveller is about to embark on a trip to Bali within the next few days, and a member has just recently returned or is currently in Bali, this up to date weather information is most appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Top questions and destination experts - current weather.

Personally agree with both Linda and Limited edition, most of us seeking answers to these questions prefer it directly from someone who is currently in bali or recently returned, not google. If we were to google everything, what would be the point of people exchanging information throughout these forums?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top questions and destination experts - current weather.

I guess my view of the usefulness of the surf webcams is in wanting to check the surf conditions before deciding where I might surf when I'm in Bali, which I will be in two weeks :-D (or daydream when not). Whether it's sunny or not is no concern to me when going surfing. There's only a few useful cams in Bali however again probably only useful to surfers. Thanks for the feedback

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top questions and destination experts - current weather.

No 20collin35, it is not only useful to surfers. I look at it sometimes just out of interest and it has a very calming effect watching it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top questions and destination experts - current weather.

Is it wrong that I have a look at the three surf cams and some static cameras and the Baliwaves website (best Bali surf site ever) every dingle day, never miss checking the surf ....15 days till I get back there.

9. Re: Top questions and destination experts - current weather.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 04:16