We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Bali?

Windsor
Level Contributor
27 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend in Bali?

I have an amazing opportunity to go to Bali for a weekend while in Asia for work.

I would be getting into the airport shortly after midnight (assuming all goes well) on the Friday and leaving at 6pm on the Monday.

I'm trying to figure out the best place to stay to get the most out of my experience.

I am not a big partier and would want somewhere with local restaurants and shops but still peaceful. I love the beach and snorkeling. I will be on my own, so a place where I can get around safely is also important. Unfortunately, because of the short timeframe, I also would look for a place not too far from the airport that would allow me to check in late.

Suggestions on area to look into, actual accommodations, and things I cannot miss (because who knows if I will ever be able to make it back again) would be greatly appreciated.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
8,868 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in Bali?

Because of your late arrival, I would check into a small hotel in Sanur first. Then the next day either take a boat to Nusa Lembongan from Sanur, or take a nice drive over to Amed or Candidasa possibly.

Not eveeryone is into culture but IMHO beaches and snorkeling are available all over the world. The thing that sets Bali apart is the Balinese culture and traditions (mostly not found at the beach) Do consider spending a sliver of your very short weekend in Bali taking in some temples or tradtional dance, music, etc.

Have a great time.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,403 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in Bali?

Sanur definitely suits your criteria, we often use it as a base for a long weekend away.

If you love snorkelling you can do trips to snorkel with manta rays off Nusa Lebongan. (Manta Bay). Sorry I can't recommend a company as we were diving, but there were snorkel groups in the water while we were there.

Petaling Jaya...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend in Bali?

On monday, do u mean on 31st march 2014? Its a nyepi day. The airport will be closed n u r not allowed to go anywhere except around ur hotel's compound. Thats what i heard.

Windsor
Level Contributor
27 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend in Bali?

Thank you. I was thinking Sanur would be my best option. Accommodation recommendations? Budget is approx $200 USD/night or a little less. Ubudpuppy, I absolutely want to check out some of the social culture (dance, music, food). Can you recommend a place in easy commuting from Sanur that I should check out?

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
8,868 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend in Bali?

Well I do not know Sanur temples well but Ubud is about an hour from Sanur, with great temples and several gamelan and dance performances in various village bale banjars every night. Also great food of course but you can get that easily in Sanur. Ubud is also well known for things like Wayang Kulit and masks, wood carvings etc.

6. Re: Weekend in Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 05:16