We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Bali Dolphins booking

adelaide
Level Contributor
684 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Bali Dolphins booking

Hi everyone, I enquired about a booking for Bali dolphins through their website (one on Trip Advisor)

I received a email back confirming a booking and all information with it. the email said:

"You will need to pay the day prior to the interaction - Our collector will come to your hotel – you may pay in USD-AUD-Rupiah or Credit Card – he will give you the receipt voucher."

Just wondering if anyone else has booked through Bali Dolphins and is this safe to go through and not a scam.

Thanks in advance!

Jamie-Lee

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,963 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Bali Dolphins booking

Hi

that is the exact same thing they told me as well. However they ended up not calling to the hotel the day before and I just paid on the day. The Bali Dolphins are very popular and you are lucky to get a booking.

Just let the hotel reception know that someone will (or may) be calling to collect money for a booking. IF you don't want to wait around for them to come to the hotel then phone them a couple of days in advance and make alternate arrangements to make the payment or arrange to pay on the day.

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Bali Dolphins booking

I got the same email. They actually said they would pick up the money 2 days before. This was a problem as we were going to be at Mara River Lodge. They said one day in advance was ok, but I had to promise we wouldn't cancel! I promised. We can't wait to go.

Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Bali Dolphins booking

Yep same here. from memory they asked when we were checking in and then they called hotel reception and we arranged a time to pay the day before. We were very nervous about paying upfront but all was good and they arrived on time and we had an amazing time!

adelaide
Level Contributor
684 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Bali Dolphins booking

Thanks for your answer and advise, it has reassured me! Yes cannot wait, very excited for it :-)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Bali Dolphins booking

We got the same email. They called the hotel the day before and told us to leave money with reception for them to collect if we were not around when they came by. We just put it in an envelope and left it at front desk. They left a receipt for us. It was a wonderful experience for us.

Pinjarra, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Bali Dolphins booking

Yeah, same here. We paid the day before our booking and all worked out well.

Was sceptical but no need to worry. Such a fantastic experience, you're going to love it!

Cheets

7. Re: Question about Bali Dolphins booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 06:16