We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best trip so far

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best trip so far

Returned a few weeks ago (about 10th trip) and of course already planning next trip.

Highlights this trip:

Happy Tailor-Bali - Yuni was recommended by a friend. I contacted her via her facebook page. What a fantastic lady. Perfect English and super funny. She came to my hotel and copied lots of items for my daughter & son.I had a beautiful black leather trench coat made plus she made a couple of fantastic suits for my husband. I can not rave about her enough. She also gave me great tips on shopping and eating places.

MIOW shoes and handbags -Kerobokan Rd, Loved the gorgeous shoes and bags. So many choices and colours. I kept going back and buying, buying, buying.

i went to Uluwatu temple and a monkey stole my thong right out from under my foot on the last step out......had to pay 10,000 to buy a bag of peanuts to get the monkey to drop the thong -Mmmmm i think there is a well coordinated scheme happening. Washed the thong but threw it away when got back to hotel as large teeth marks all over it.

Eating- always enjoy the food and atmosphere of Ultimo. Love Sushi Tei and always go at least twice per trip. Love the welcome 'Moshi Moshi' as you enter. The food is so good. Sarong is simply beautiful and the food is 5 star. Not the cheapest place but worth every penny. Mang Engking is must visit place to eat. You can not book but need to be patient and get a beautiful Bale over the water. You can see the fish under your feet. The seafood platters are yummy and very affordable.

Stayed at the Ananda Resort, Legion. Nice, staff lovely, breakfast ok but rooms very small. It is in a great location for getting around and near the beach.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best trip so far

Sorry wrong spelling for Hotel - Ananta Hotel, Legian

Perth
Level Contributor
818 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best trip so far

Thanks for the report. Those pesky monkeys! I had one snarl at me because I wasn't quick enough giving it some food :) I have made note of the shoe and handbag shop. A girl can never have too many :) Enjoy your next trip.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,083 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best trip so far

Wow...Monkey took your thong! Were you using the bathroom and had an unguarded moment? :))

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best trip so far

Hahaha ....ok flip flop

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best trip so far

Thong stealing monkeys - I just love Bali :)

Edited: 25 April 2014, 08:58
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best trip so far

Yes - MIOW is definitely worth the visit. On the opposite side of road from Geneva Handicrafts- a little further down. In a row of shops with a Money Changer. All shoes/ sandals are handmade, beautiful leather and colours. The handbags are beautiful. Enjoy.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
266 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best trip so far

Oh I love reports when I can add to my growing list of places to shop and places to eat.... thanks a million!!

21 sleeps and counting down.....

8. Re: Best trip so far

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:16