We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Bali beaches

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
40 reviews
Northern Bali beaches

Can anyone recommend a really beautiful beach up north. We will come from UBud as we will stay three days there. Unless you know of some near Ubud that are great as well. We are staying away from the south and would like a beach with white sand clear blue water and where we can Shirley / diving with manta rays if possible.

May 25- June 4 is the trip.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Northern Bali beaches

Do you mean north east like Pemuteran or northwest like Balian? The only white sand beach I can think of in the north is near Candidasa, Pasir Putih, and I've no advice on diving sorry.

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
264 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Northern Bali beaches

Well , Ubud is about far from beach side . There's Lovina beach in the northern part of the island , but it's not really best beach among others . Visitors usually come there to see the dolphin in their wild habitats where usually show up during sunrise . To get there you will need 3-4 hours drive from Ubud . I am agree with other post , that Candidasa or other eastern beach part will sweet you for diving and snorkling activity such as in Amed or Tulamben .

Edited: 01 May 2014, 11:01
London
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
106 reviews
3. Re: Northern Bali beaches

I've not dived there, but I believe the place to see manta rays in Bali is off Nusa Penida - Manta Point, strangely enough ;-)

Is 'Shirley' predictive text for snorkel?

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Northern Bali beaches

I have strange images of diving on my sister.:)

London
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
106 reviews
5. Re: Northern Bali beaches

:-| Are you sure you want to be sharing these family secrets?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Northern Bali beaches

Hi there, Ubud is very far from the beach. In the north of Bali is lovina beach, i think dark volcanic sand with lots of sharp coral from memory. The water is beautiful and warm, area is popular for dolphin watching. I know you are not staying near it but the south west, like kuta area is a surf beach. Sanur in the east is a wonderful beach for families, very calm water.

you should look into the other suggestions that have been posted. When you say you want blue water and white sand beaches, the gili islands over next to Lombok sound like your best match. Very, very beautiful and wonderful diving spots. Postcard perfect beaches...but unfortunately far away from ubud.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
40 reviews
7. Re: Northern Bali beaches

Thanks everyone, I am just looking for a beach that is less touristy that is all and not too far from UBUD it's because I like to dive and I have two friends that have never tried diving so I am trying to accommodate for all three of us. A nice relax beach for them and I can dive while they chill. I'll look into Gilli then. Thanks

8. Re: Northern Bali beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 05:16