We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovina or Pemuteran

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,394 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Lovina or Pemuteran

Hi

I am planning a trip to Bali in August for my husband and I, and I want to stay 3 nights in either Lovina or Pemuteran but I can't decide which.

We want to spend one day diving around Menjangan Island, one day relaxing and exploring the area surrounding where ever we end up. Oh and preferably to have access to somewhere my husband can watch AFL football one night.

I realise Menhangan is closer to Pemuteran, but I am struggling to find information on what else is there is to do in the area, and whether or not there are many restaurants, hotels etc. to choose from (preferably one being within walking distance of the other). Lovina seems to have more bars and restaurants?

For background we will also spend a day either side in Sanur. We come to Bali regularly but this will be our first visit to the north of the island.

So if you had to choose between Lovina and Pemuteran what would it be and why? Any recommendations for a good dive shop in either location would be appreciated too.

thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lovina or Pemuteran

Hi Shaz. Its tough to answer this objectively as my first response would be to recommend Pemuteran. We truly enjoy both places. Lovina has more in regards htings of interest close by. It has restaurants with bars in Kallibukbuk, hope I spelt that right but lots of people refer to it as the village. I'm sure there would be fottball on in one of them. Most of the other eateries are smaller local mwarungs along the beach. Its only 15 minutes from Singaraja and that's worth a visit. Pemuteran has less in the way of bars as such and has maily small warungs serving freshly prepared meals. Some of the bigger hotels may have bars with tv's for football. There are several options for the Menjengan Island dive. You could go to the little harbour adjacent to teh island and pick up a tour operator there, or you can book with a tour operator that operates from the bay in Pemuteran. We used Sea Rovers and they were great. They are at the beach side of the Tegal Sari hotel. There is good snorkelling in the bay and is easy to access.

From the info you've proveded I will say Lovina with a day trip to Pemuteran. Once you've experienced Pemuteran you can decide to stay longer next time if you want. Hope this hasn't made the decision any more difficult. Hope you have a great time.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,394 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lovina or Pemuteran

Thanks Peter

That was really helpful. I was leaning myself towards Lovina with a day trip to Pemuteran so you have pretty much confirmed what I was thinking.

3. Re: Lovina or Pemuteran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 06:15