We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New E Passport

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
New E Passport

Hi guys..just updated to an E passport..Do you find it easier/ quicker than previous?..

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New E Passport

Not always, sometimes the queues are just as long as the other. Have a look on the day to see which is better.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,823 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New E Passport

It depends on whether the e-gate technology is actually working at the time, and whether you get someone in front of you whose idea of the latest technology is one of those new fangled LP vinyl records playing the latest Perry Como tunes, but they decide to have a go anyway, but without reading the instructions on what to do.

I personally find the queues that are staffed to be more efficient generally.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New E Passport

Haha..Thanks for the reply guys..

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New E Passport

I have had my E passport 5 years and travel at least 4 times a year and I think it has worked 3 times - but when It doesn't I get to go to the front of the other queue. I have never encountered lines at the e passport process

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New E Passport

We've used it 3 times coming back into Oz and it was great. For some reason they pulled my son out and made him go through normal immigration one time. Just random checking I suppose.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New E Passport

E-passport recognised my husband but didn't recognise me, it took five minutes longer to process me which is not a big deal. Very easy to use, if only it had worked the first go :-)

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New E Passport

Children cannot use the e passport, so we always have to line up in the normal line. Looking forward to the kids getting older!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
258 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New E Passport

My hubby and I have used ours many times in Perth over the last 5 years and have never had a problem , we have found them quick and easy to use and have never found a queue waiting for the machines. Maybe just lucky.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New E Passport

Can't use it as always travelling with kids :( !!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New E Passport

We all use it and have been fast and successful every time. Except of course 1. Always has to be 1. He had an odd face on him in his passport photo so dosn't work for him. Never has. Lines at most only had 1 or 2 people in front ofus.