We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garuda afternoon flights cancelled from Bali to Perth!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Garuda afternoon flights cancelled from Bali to Perth!

I love flying Garuda, however the 12.40pm flight into Perth now seems to be permanently cancelled!

For this reason I will looking to choose another airline offering a better departure time out of Bali to fly home to Perth.

I really hope this won't be permanent, because they will have lost me as a loyal flying customer who has flown with them for the past 25 years.

Will anybody else miss this mid-afternoon flight like I will?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,790 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garuda afternoon flights cancelled from Bali to Perth!

It could be seasonal, it could be permanent.

When airlines cancel a particular service on a given route, they don't make these decisions lightly. Yield and Revenue analysts do an extraordinary amount of assessing, to study load demand, historical route patterns, and future demand forecast. They target a particular service that will have the least impact on the passengers, and whether there are alternate possibilities, versus the cost of maintaining that schedule.

These sorts of business decisions can mean the difference between bleeding hundreds of thousands (which can trickle down to passengers), and running a profitable but still 'accessible' airline service.

Whilst it's entirely your choice, but you abandoning an airline because of the removal of a singular service, will only hinder your own airline choices in the future. My view would be that if you've stuck by them for 25 years, they must have been doing something right for you. Loyalty is a two way street, and this situation IMO isn't worth bashing an airline for. But again, it's a dynamic industry with many competitors, so it's entirely your choice.

Level Contributor
60 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garuda afternoon flights cancelled from Bali to Perth!

We are disappointed this flight was cancelled. Perfect time for us to return to Perth with small children. Now we have to take the 8.45pm which doesnt get in until 12.30am. Not happy as the morning flight is now all booked the day before and dayafter!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,790 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garuda afternoon flights cancelled from Bali to Perth!

GA726 - wasn't that only a twice weekly service anyways?

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garuda afternoon flights cancelled from Bali to Perth!

Oh for goodness sakes. Never fly Garuda again because they altered their schedule and it doesn't suit you.

I'm sure the letter of apology will reach you soon.

How long is that flight to Perth again?

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Garuda afternoon flights cancelled from Bali to Perth!

its 3.5 hours

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,963 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Garuda afternoon flights cancelled from Bali to Perth!

Those of us flying in and out of Brisbane have only recently had the 'luxury' of having Garuda return to Brisbane. Even so flight times to Brisbane have never been the most convenient with any airline. i.e. Jetstar were always via Darwin, Garuda stopped flying all together until just recently.

Garuda cancelling one short flight to Perth seems rather insignificant reason to ditch them. I just don't understand how such a minor thing would cause that response?

Lucky you don't live in Brisbane.

Flights departing Denpasar to return to Brisbane are

Garuda depart 11.35pm

Virgin departs either 3.55pm, 9.10pm

Jetstar depart 11.35pm.

These flights are longer than the Perth flight.

It's just the way it is so no use worrying about it.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
25,790 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Garuda afternoon flights cancelled from Bali to Perth!

And I just want to add that, even with such a bodgy Garuda schedule, I love Brisbane. One of my favourite cities in Australia.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Garuda afternoon flights cancelled from Bali to Perth!

The OP would obviously much rather Garuda have financial difficulties that affect all their flights than have a few non-profitable flights cancelled.

It may not even be Garuda's fault, one or both of the airports may have altered or deleted the slot for this particular flight. There is nothing they can do about this at all.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Garuda afternoon flights cancelled from Bali to Perth!

Air asia has a 1.20 pm flight

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Garuda afternoon flights cancelled from Bali to Perth!

Maybe it's worth getting in touch with Garuda to express your concerns? Often decisions are made that could go one way or the other and one person's comment may make the difference. Or not, but it's worth a shot.