We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach with clear water for snorkeling

Singapore
Level Contributor
229 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Beach with clear water for snorkeling

Please suggest which beach I should go to enjoy crystal clear water and snorkeling without having to leave the island. I read about Amed - is this the best choice compared to Jimbaran, Kuta, Nusa Dua...? I need to use the Bali International Airport as a base for travel time not exceeding 2 hours. Thanks!

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach with clear water for snorkeling

Geger beach would suit you. It's just past Nusa Dua. Lovely water to swim in and sun beds along the beach with a restaurant, the restaurant serves you from your sun bed, it's a lovely spot and no where near as far as Amed.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,957 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach with clear water for snorkeling

Blue Lagoon at Padang Bai would be your closest if you are after coral and colourful fish. It is around 1½ hour from the airport (could be shorter if the road conditions are good).

Amed will be too far for your criteria.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
193 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach with clear water for snorkeling

Tulamben is also great...there is a shipwreck there that divers love, but you can also get good views of it snorkeling, as it is only a few metres off shore...

4. Re: Beach with clear water for snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:17