We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature in Bali mountains

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Temperature in Bali mountains

We are arriving in Bali early June, will be spending a few days in the mountain areas. I know it is cooler up there, but what temperature can we expect, especially in the evenings?

thanks

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,285 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temperature in Bali mountains

It will be cool, June is the start of the cool season, but if you are staying around Munduk/Kintamani/Bedugul area it is of course cooler than other places in Bali.

It's not just the temperature but the fog, wind and moisture in the air that affects how it feels to you. I would defintely bring a jacket, especially for evenings.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temperature in Bali mountains

Probably a similar to what we are experiencing here in Brissie at the moment. Maybe not quite so cool at night.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 05:10
Armidale, Australia
Level Contributor
540 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temperature in Bali mountains

Temperature will be approx 15 degrees at night and 25 degrees during the day. You most likely will need sleeves and long pants at night if you are sitting out. The days may be cloudy but very pleasant, with possible fog and cloud. The air is fresh and a pleasant change from the humidity of the coast. You don't need air-con day or night.

Devon
Level Contributor
503 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temperature in Bali mountains

Please could I tag into this question and ask the same about Ubud. We arrive on the 7th of June and I'm wondering if I need just a cardigan for the evenings. We then go to Candidasa on the 14th for another week, would it be hotter there.

Many thanks

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
10,285 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Temperature in Bali mountains

If only for Ubud:

It doesn't look like June will be very cool in Ubud in the evenings,but you just never know..Global Climate change has made our seasons all out of whack. I actually find mornings cooler than evenings now. Last year we didn't get the really cool weather like we normally get in the summer.

You can bring a cardigan...But you can also just .bring a long sleeved shirt and buy some nice scarves here.. Also, remember that Ubud and Bali have microclimates..it depends on which ten meter square you are in at any one moment.

Armidale, Australia
Level Contributor
540 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Temperature in Bali mountains

Ubud is more humid than the mountains, you most likely won't need sleeves in Ubud and will need air-con in your room. It is more like the coastal temperature but receives more rain. Candidasa will be hot, humid with sea breezes. Take one lot of sleeves though, as once we felt cool in Sanur when a fresh wind blew across the ocean creating cool breezes.

Devon
Level Contributor
503 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Temperature in Bali mountains

Thank you both so much, was having a mini panic there, of course what we deem to be warm or hot depends on the country we leave behind....this morning in the UK we have low cloud, drizzle ands its probably about 10% :-) I am so excited about our trip!!

8. Re: Temperature in Bali mountains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 06:15