We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banjar Hot Springs

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Banjar Hot Springs

How far way is Banjar Hot Springs from Legian.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
680 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banjar Hot Springs

It's near Lovina so I think it would take about 3 hours to get there.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,449 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banjar Hot Springs

I wouldn't make the effort to just go there and back again for essentially a hot smelly bath. You can save money by replicating it yourself by eating Brussels sprouts then taking a bath. However, turn it into a tour around central/north Bali, so take Candikuning, Lake Bratan, Munduk then drop into the hot springs. It makes for a long but interesting day. Don't forget your bathers and a towel.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
574 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banjar Hot Springs

I like your sense of humour Happynoodleboy_uk , you are right they should make a day of it and see other attraction within the region, however I don't think the hot springs are quite that bad.

Or maybe I was there on a good day. Ha! Ha!

heather099 its worth the trip and interesting there is also a Buddhist temple near by worth a visit.

Enjoy your trip.

Tweed Heads, New...
Level Contributor
805 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banjar Hot Springs

I agree with Noodles.I stayed in Lovina for a few days last year and went to the hot springs.I most definately would not travel 3 hours just to go there.I would not even get in.Not appealing to myself or my partner.Sorry,but do remember this is just my opinion.It may be a place you enjoy.Not sure how,but you may.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,449 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banjar Hot Springs

Seth - I would not let a smell deter you from entering a place necessarily, otherwise you may never discover the delights of Subway. It is actually quite nice when you're in the hot water, but do be careful as there is moss/lichen underfoot which can be slippery. There are changing rooms and lockers nearby, and a small warung overlooks the pool, which I recall does a particularly nice Nasi Goreng Special.

Tweed Heads, New...
Level Contributor
805 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banjar Hot Springs

Hi Noodles,it wasn't the smell that put me off as I have been to natural springs before,and when I say natural I mean not man made at all.I consider myself to be reasonably adventurous,in Bali I even eat from street carts.You can,t get much more adventurous than that.But I will give the Banjar springs and there moss/lichen floor a big miss.

Singapore
Level Contributor
269 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banjar Hot Springs

During our North Bali Tour on 22 May, Banjar Hot Springs was the last on the day’s itinerary.

It was already pretty late in the afternoon [5pm?] when we got there - even had to get out of the vehicle and walk the last few metres as the carpark was packed etc …..

22 May was the 2nd day of the Galungan Day 2-day public holidays so the place was literally packed with local bathers and it was quite difficult to manouvre/walk around the place

- we simply did one very quick round from a distance {no strong smell tho’} and didn’t even bother with dipping into the pools at all - not with the massive crowds

- only wet my fingers at the holy water source sprout took a shot doing that and that was basically it

Didn’t feel inclined to bathe here even tho’ had brought our bathers along

- not after having experienced the ‘more orderly’ purification over at the refreshingly cool holy waters of Tirta Empul at Tempaksiring on 15 May (Full Moon) where there was ALSO the slippery lichen/moss with rather user-unfriendly stone slabs etc {ie without safety features such as railings and more user-friendly features esp for those who are less agile etc}

- think I’ll stick to the hot springs or lovely onsens in Japan [where I feel things are much cleaner etc esp love the outdoor one with falling snow so romantic - during winter in Hokkaido] or Korea or Taiwan

8. Re: Banjar Hot Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 05:17