We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks in Bali...Where should I go?

Suncheon, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Two weeks in Bali...Where should I go?

I'm off to Bali with my partner for 14 days and I'm just trying to set up my itinerary. Here's what I have so far.

Sanur - 3 nights (See some gorgeous beaches and relax etc.)

Ubud - 5 nights (Check out the culture and the mountains)

Lombok - 3 nights (Planning on staying at Qunci Villas for some romance)

Gili Air - 2 nights (Why not?)

Seminyak - 2 nights (Last two days to shop / party before heading home)

My partner and I aren't really big on adventure. We just want to relax and make sure we see a lot of what Bali and it's islands have to offer. Would you say this is a reasonable schedule? Or am I cramming in too much? Please let me know if you would do anything differently. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
13 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two weeks in Bali...Where should I go?

the problem with Bali is that they don't provide mass rapid transit or decent mass transportation. The only public transportation available is taxi and rented motorcycles. As for taxi, there are two options: metered taxi, and hourly-basis taxi (8 hours, half day, and whole day). You will find lots of flyers and brochures during your arrival at the airport. Some rented taxis are listed, and also attractions in Bali. If you're going to many places in a day, I recommend you take the rented taxi.

Not really familiar with Sanur, so I'll skip this. Very sorry. But from Sanur you can rent a taxi (or car) to go to Pura Taman Ayun (Ayun Garden Temple). Just follow the highway and you'll reach it.

Quite far from Sanur you can go to Pura Besakih (Besakih Temple). It is a very huge temple complex, next to Mount Agung. You can spend some 2 hours here. More if they have an occasion at the temple.

During your trip to Besakih, you will pass many stores selling silver jewellery. You may want to have a look.

Ubud is located in central Bali. There is a Monkey Forest. Just beware not to expose food to those monkeys. They will chase you for the food. If you're coming on first week of October, there will be Ubud's Writers Festival http://www.ubudwritersfestival.com/

Most people also dine at Bebek Tepi Sawah restaurant. They sell ducks (bebek, in Indonesia) and most people love it.

Lombok. Haven't been to Lombok, although I'm planning to go to Gili Trawangan Island.

Seminyak. This area is popular with night clubs and shopping stores.

In general, most tourists go to Bali to enjoy the beach, snorkling/ diving/ surfing, or traditional art and dance. There are several famous Balinese dances. Among the most popular is Kecak, and I think they have a regular show in Ubud.

Anyway, most tourist destinations can be reach in several hours. Some in less than an hour. Just read the map, plan your trip, and if they are along the same direction you can depart early in the morning and return to the hotel in the afternoon/ evening.

Hope this helps.

brisbane
Level Contributor
528 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two weeks in Bali...Where should I go?

I think you are doing a lot especially when you take in the time needed to move from A to B. Bali is a wonderful place to go a bit slower, relax and enjoy the culture, sights, people and wonderful food.

Were you planning on flying into Lombok as this will save you some time? You could day trips to the Gili's from Quinci's, so maybe consider staying 4 or 5 nights there with 2 day trips. Quinci's looks lovely and gets great reviews. Definitely on my to do list one day!

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two weeks in Bali...Where should I go?

It doesn't sound like a relaxing holiday to me - I would skip one location to slow down the pace a bit and reduce travelling if you want to relax.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two weeks in Bali...Where should I go?

I'd do 5 nights at Qunci and just day trip to Gili Air. Charter a boat right off the beach at Mangsit and visit Gili Air and the other Gilis as well if you like. Drift snorkel for turtles. The cruise up the coast to the Gilis is quite nice too.

It will save you an extra checkouts every time you move locations you essentially waste a day checking out, transferring and waiting to check in.

5. Re: Two weeks in Bali...Where should I go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 16:44
Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two weeks in Bali...Where should I go?

Surjorimba this isn't true there is many options to travel cheaper than a taxi or motor cycle , I caught a bus and ferry to Banyuwangi from Ubung Bali for 70 000rp. And many bemos or shuttle buses all over Bali. Transport was never an issue

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,825 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two weeks in Bali...Where should I go?

Firstly post 1 re transport is misleading. Transport is the one thing that is readily available in Bali and affordable.

If you are happy to move from place to place then go ahead and move as much as you want. Some people are happy to enjoy the journey as well as the destination. Keep in mind that travel times can take a lot longer than you anticipate so be prepared.

If you want to fit in the places you mention then I would suggest going to Gili Air before going to Lombok this way you can fly back to Bali from Lombok.

I would start in Ubud then go to Sanur, Gili Air, Lombok & Seminyak.

IF you decide to cut out one stop you could choose between Sanur and Seminyak.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two weeks in Bali...Where should I go?

I reckon you are cramming it in. We are doing 5 places on our next visit but are doing it over 23 days. I calcualate my time at each place as full days spent there :).

In saying that travelling from one destination to the other if used wisely can be ok. Use the travel days to sight see.

Anyway over 14 days I would do 2 or 3 places max.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
13 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two weeks in Bali...Where should I go?

Apologize for my misinformation. Yes, there is a mass transportation in Bali. I didn't know this as I wasn't in the service route. The transportation (a bus similar to bus rapid transit) operates within 4 areas only: Denpasar, Badung, Gianyar, and Tabanan. It is said the bus reaches Ngurai Rai Airport as well. Maybe they have broaden its service area now. Not sure.

Randomrue2k, if you want to use the bus, just check if it operates within your hotel area. The 4 areas above are in the central-southern of Bali.

10. Re: Two weeks in Bali...Where should I go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 05:16