We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant advice

australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant advice

Hi. Traveling to bali mid sept and was hoping to find a nice reasonably priced restaurant that does either a buffet or set menu with a per head price. We are going over with group of 16 for my husbands 50th and we would like to take everyone out for dinner and pay for it. Staying in kuta/legion so hoping for somewhere in that vicinity. Anyone got any ideas. 😋

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,023 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant advice

In your positiion what I would do is check out the TA restaurant reviews and contact any that take your fancy and ask them to put together a menu for you at a price per head - a bit like organising a wedding reception. If the ones you like the look of are too pricey ... move on. You will also find that many already have set menus.

Hopefully you will get some good recommendations here that will save time..

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
318 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant advice

Get in touch with KORIs in poppies 2

They have a great function area at the back

Suggest a small menu and drinks list for your party...negotiate with their management on pricing....2for 1 cocktails etc

We have had 2 parties here in the past and they were very memorable

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant advice

Hitana is worth contacting, they cater for many group functions and parties.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant advice

A few weeks ago on Jalan Legian I stumbled across Nasi Bali.

On the menu I did notice a set menu option and chose this which proved more than adequate and very reasonably priced.....it consisted of soup, a few small portions of different Indonesian hot foods, rice, and a desert of choice.

From memory I think it was about $95,000 rupiah per head including tax and service charges (please dont quote me on that as I'm only going on memory).

We were also presented with a 10% discount voucher should we choose to again return, and I did take advantage of this as I was very pleased with our initial meal.

A quick check also shows that Nasi Bali also seems to attract favourable reviews here at TA: tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g294226…

Edited: 16 June 2014, 03:22
australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant advice

Thanks everyone for replying. Will do some research and see how i get on

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant advice

For a fantastic all you can eat buffet with a different specialty food each night try Skygarden. It is only Rp.55,000 and the food is great! I took my 15 year old daughter twice when we there in February and filled up massively!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant advice

I second the suggestion above for Kori.

Had a 50th there last year, and Christmas Day also.

Both were awesome.

Had another 50th at Poppies Restaurant also last year which was also awesome.

My only suggestion wherever you go is avoid a "buffet" type meal. Too much can go wrong there

Set menu/fixed price is the way go

Enjoy.

8. Re: Restaurant advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 06:15