We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ba ha! Jet Star.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
619 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Ba ha! Jet Star.

Yes I know Jet Star gets its share of bad reviews, but if the hat fits, then they have to wear it . Booked to go to Bali 4 months ago.

1st. Ticket:- Adelaide to Darwin (For sons surprise 40th. Birthday) Flight arrival time changed from 3.35pm to 7.45pm. By the time we cleared the airport, after 8pm. It was a bit late for the surprise. 2nd. Ticket:- Darwin to Denpasar Bali arrival 8.50 pm, again flight changed now to arrive at 12.05am the next morning. OH! YES IT GETS WORSE, on the Saturday (day flight due to leave) we booked out of our accommodation, went out for evening meal before going to the airport. About to start eating when the phone rings, a message from Jet Star, flight cancelled please phone call centre. The conversation goes like this:- Sorry Sir flight had to be cancelled due to technical issue. We can offer:- Offer 1. Flight in morning 7.20am Darwin to Singapore arrive 10.25am, wait in Singapore for 11 hours catch flight to Denpasar Bali arrive at 11.20pm.

Offer 2. Wait until Monday (2 days after the original flight date) leave Darwin arrive Bali 12.05am on Tuesday.

Offer 3. Refund your flight. (Great idea we are in Darwin not our home city, we have a holiday booked in Bali). Accommodation etc paid for, who’s going to pay for that. Is Jet Star going to pay for our flight back to Adelaide?

The only response from the girl at the call centre was “Very Sorry Sir” I can offer you $25.00 voucher! Whoopi Bloody Do! Ruined the start of the holiday. Thanks Jet Star!

When I accepted offer 1. Darwin – Singapore – Bali, I asked what I do about accommodation for the night! Same response “Very Sorry Sir” I can offer you $25.00. Big deal. The next morning get to the airport to find out those on the same flight that had been cancelled and went to the airport the night before were offered a voucher for evening meal & breakfast plus accommodation. Why wasn’t I offered that? Now I’m really peeved! peeved! What makes it even worse the flight to Bali was held in a holding pattern whilst other planes landed , we finally got to our hotel at 2.30am. The flight home was held on the tarmac for 40 minutes so that the plane would not arrive early in Adelaide. Oh! Yes they also had no meals to buy on the flight home, good one Jet Star.

My response to Jet Star:- There were two of us on the flight but were only offered 1 X $25.00 voucher redeemable on our next Jet Star flight if redeemed within 6 months. GUESS WHAT! Jet Star we will never use Jet Star again!!!!! So you can cancel the voucher now! You can be assured we will tell everyone possible to avoid Jet Star. Thanks! Suggest you better change your customer service and possibly some of the management team! Oh! To be fair when we arrived home (after our holiday 2 weeks later) we found that we received on our home computer, the offer of accommodation, meals etc., A bit late, why was we, not told this by the customer service centre?

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ba ha! Jet Star.

Glad I booked Virgin.

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ba ha! Jet Star.

Wow that really was crap service. I feel for you and your family. Hit them where it hurts and go with any other airline in future. I have flights with Jetstar in a month and i am crossing fingers, toes.

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ba ha! Jet Star.

Oh dear, what a terrible experience. Obviously the call centre is not in sync with the rest of the airline. Great to get home and read your mail to find out they offer you stuff that you could have obviously used when needed. Garuda or Virgin for me thanks.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ba ha! Jet Star.

I'm just about to go to Bali for my 14th time in four years and all but one flight has been with jetstar, apart from a few minor delays I have never had any problems. They provided the 3 main things in flying , they took off , stayed in the air and they landed safety, what more can one ask. Sorry to hear of all your drama with jetstar.

Sydney
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ba ha! Jet Star.

Oh Wayne, that's terrible. What a disappointing situation. Definitely will leave a bitter taste in your mouth. Very poor indeed that you weren't offered the accommodation & meal by customer service.

I have often used jetstar & each time I think now will this be the time we are stung? So far so good but I know the luck will run out.

Kincumber, Australia
Level Contributor
739 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ba ha! Jet Star.

Wayne, I had similar crap service on my march flights... read drunk passengers, abusive passengers, sitting on tarmac in Denpasar for 1 hour before return flight takes off, etc etc etc. I too, was offered $25 vouchers, I simply refused them and kept lodging complaint after complaint with their on line website. It did take a bit of determination, but in the end I received $130 flight vouchers for all my family, obviously to use on our next Jestar flight. I know it can be very frustrating, but keep at them, it worked in the end for me!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ba ha! Jet Star.

Very bad experience - sorry to hear! I too have flights booked with them so hold my breath for now. Travel insurance should have covered any pre-paid accomodation had you not ended up getting there and maybe even extra accom if required in Darwin. Always take it cause you never know what may happen.

West Darlington
Level Contributor
92 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ba ha! Jet Star.

Sorry you had issues - we've been lucky enough to have many Jetstar flights to Bali from Perth and yet to encounter an issue. If I had to guarantee to fly to another country for a special event, I'd probably leave a day earlier.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ba ha! Jet Star.

that is so bad for you guys. So much bad luck and whats worse is the bad service. They actually could have made it a little better if they had offered you the accomodation via another means of communication so you actually got the message. I hope you enjoyed the holiday anyway.

South Australian...
Level Contributor
743 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ba ha! Jet Star.

we had the usual standard of disgusting service from jet stink also. I had to fight for almost 45 minutes to get to speak to a supervisor after our flight was cancelled. we couldn't have a flight until a week later, and they refused to accept that one date could affect the other, so if you had only had a weeks holiday you would have lost everything,,,