We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost Per Person Per Day

Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cost Per Person Per Day

Hi, I am travelling with my 2 daughters to Bali in September for the first time and am wondering how much to budget for per person per day (incl food & shopping, etc). Breakfast is provided in our accomodation package.

Thanks! 😊

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
669 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost Per Person Per Day

I travel with 1 teenage daughter and I budget $100AU per day for both of us for meals/drinks/snacks/shopping/taksi & incidentals.

Also depends on how old your daughters are???? And where you are staying???

If you plan on doing tours/activities you may need slightly more, depending on how many you do.

For a driver it can vary for each driver from between $30au half a day to $50-80au for a full day.

Most tours are better off being booked at the tour booths in and around Kuta/Legian.

If you want some info on some fun things to do with your daughters pm me and I can give some ideas and prices for things we have done on past trips & things we have planned for our next trip

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,776 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost Per Person Per Day

Tours can take up a lot of your budget. Don't know what your shopping habits are so that is hard to pick, but lunch/dinner drinks should not cost more than $20 odd dollars a day each.

My wife and I allow $100 a day for everything.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost Per Person Per Day

My husband and I allow $100 each - he pays for food and drinks and I 9ay for shopping. If the girls are like the teenages I know they are fussy about what they eat and only eat western food which is not as cheap.

Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost Per Person Per Day

hi, I have sent you a pm and appreciate your advice :) We are staying at the Ramada Resort Camakila in Legian for 5 days & then the Champlung Sari Hotel in UBUD for 2 nights :)

Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost Per Person Per Day

Thank you :)

Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost Per Person Per Day

Thank you :)

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost Per Person Per Day

$100 is what most couples go through a day..well that seems to be the trend.

And whilst one day you might spend more on tours etc, the next day might be spent lazing around the pool reading and swimming and your only indulgence might be an massage and they are cheap anyway.

Yes if you eat western food it will be a bit more.

Shop at the fixed price shops and market stalls at first so you know what you should be paying.....the list is on the top right of page.

You can always take more and bring it home again.

I always say Bali is as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be.

Enjoy.

Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost Per Person Per Day

thank you so much..your list is awesome. Very helpful :)

9. Re: Cost Per Person Per Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 10:16