We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Issues with accommodation for family of 5?!

australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Issues with accommodation for family of 5?!

We are planning a trip to Bali with our children ( 6,4 and 15m) and I want to get all-inclusive ( AI). I know that Bali has great cheap food ( been there many times however with the kids it is much easier for them to just eat when and what they want rather then have to go to restaurants and have most of the food go to waste) .

Anyway I am having a lot of trouble finding a hotel that will take 5 of us without us either getting a whole other room or have to get a family suite for twice the price. Seriously - our 15 m old son is just not that big and our kids will not sleep in a separate room to us anyway! Anyway recommendations? It's doing my head in.

Our budget is about $200--$230 per night.

geelong
Level Contributor
475 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Issues with accommodation for family of 5?!

Check out a cottage suite at the melasti, villa room at royal tunjung or an apartment at jayakarta all in legian, way under your budget

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Issues with accommodation for family of 5?!

As far as I know club med is the onlt full inclusive place in bali

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Issues with accommodation for family of 5?!

i think melia tanjung benoa have AI

australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Issues with accommodation for family of 5?!

There are a lot of all-inclusives mainly in Nusa Dua it is the family of 5 that is causing the problem. I'll check out the ones you have mentioned though. Thanks.

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Issues with accommodation for family of 5?!

I've also looked at all inclusive. Club Med, Melia and Grand Mirage are ones I've looked at. I'm sure even if they would let you all share a room, that it would be a lot more than $230 a night.

For us, for 2 rooms at Club Med or Grand Mirage, 2 adults and 2 children, it's about $600 per night.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Issues with accommodation for family of 5?!

I just sent you a private message regarding accommodation at Jayakarta.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Issues with accommodation for family of 5?!

>>>Seriously - our 15 m old son is just not that big<<<

Just for reference, an accommodation providers' maximum room occupancy regulations, are not determined by whether anyone feels they can 'fit' or how comfortable it maybe.

It is determined by local fire and safety authorities, using a global formula for calculating space vs ease of exit in an emergency, and number of occupants - regardless of age.

Edited: 04 July 2014, 17:32
Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Issues with accommodation for family of 5?!

Why not consider a villa - many, many within your price range and you can be in total charge of your children's eats. Most have a cook available and would be far more economical than an all inclusive. An added advantage is that so many restaurants now do deliveries.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Issues with accommodation for family of 5?!

Yeah I think a villa might be your best bet. Food will be wasted anywhere if to much is ordered/taken from a buffet whether you pay for it at the time or as a package.

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Issues with accommodation for family of 5?!

There are six of us, and we go for a villa because of the same reason, sleeping wise. It might be worth a look.