We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treetop Adventure Park daytrip +plus+ ????

loveozasia
Level Contributor
195 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Treetop Adventure Park daytrip +plus+ ????

Hi all :)

Any suggestions on suitable add ons to a daytrip to Treetop with our 10yo daughter? We've never been before as I was a little nervous about her age but I think she's up for it now! As we will hire a driver for the day and head out early-ish, I was wondering if anyone had any fantastic ideas on things to do or include in sightseeing on the way back? We will be leaving from either Sanur or Seminyak.

Thanks!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
840 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Treetop Adventure Park daytrip +plus+ ????

I was exhausted after we did it. Long drive from where we stayed in Legian and really winding roads. The botanical gardens are pretty and there were a few stalls to look at near the entrance. I would probably just stop to eat lunch somewhere on the way home and sleep in the car. It's a real physical work out and a challenging car trip.

Warrnambool
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Treetop Adventure Park daytrip +plus+ ????

If you're heading to Bedugul for the Treetop Adventure Park then you should stop at Lake Beratan and check out the temple and grounds. I think it's my favourite spot in Bali. It's close to the Botanic Gardens. The Candi Kunning market is worth a look and the bakery in Bedugul is a good spot for lunch.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,614 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Treetop Adventure Park daytrip +plus+ ????

Yes all in the day trip section.

Botanical gardens, lake, markets and the strawberry stop for lunch just before the golf course.

The drive there and back is lovely scenery.

Lakes Entrance...
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Treetop Adventure Park daytrip +plus+ ????

Dont worry about you daughters age. my daughter was 10 when she did it. she loved it and she still talks about it all the time. she loved it.

They get a short lesson in the beginning so they know the rules and what to do.

My daughter is not very tall for her age so I spoke to the people there about what courses would be ok for her.

She ended up doing them all .The more advanced courses she could not physically reach a couple of things but the guys there said she could go for it and they had to help her a couple of times. (they just said to come and get them if needed) They either lifted her up to reach something or pulled something down for her so she could start off.

One suggestion is to get the gloves for her at the beginning.

We spent the rest of the day wandering the gardens

We all had a great but exhausting day.

loveozasia
Level Contributor
195 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Treetop Adventure Park daytrip +plus+ ????

Thank you so much for all the helpful advice.... we are super excited!

Armidale, Australia
Level Contributor
460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Treetop Adventure Park daytrip +plus+ ????

I suggest you avoid going on a Sunday, locals head to botanical gardens for family picnics and the road is extreamely busy. Travel time could well be doubled there and back on a Sunday. Restaurant Rekarasi, opposite Candi Kuning market is a nice place to lunch, good price and incorporates a family garden and playground. Suggest you take a jacket too as it can be cool at this altitude.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
334 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Treetop Adventure Park daytrip +plus+ ????

My 9 year old son loved it, still raving about it. Definitely get the gloves when you get there and they sell fantastic photos of you on the equipment for approx $3 the ones my son and husband brought were excellent. Your daughter will love it. My son was trashed after doing the course and didn't even want to stop on the way back to Ubud for lunch!

Edited: 08 July 2014, 10:47
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Treetop Adventure Park daytrip +plus+ ????

My daughter was 11 when we did the tree top walk, I finished it and she got up to the second last one till it got too hard for her, I should have stayed with her but i got carried away, We will go back one day :)

Oh the question lol, we did the monkey forest afterwards but it seems to be getting a bad wrap on these forums....

9. Re: Treetop Adventure Park daytrip +plus+ ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:16