We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which restaurant would you do?

Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
which restaurant would you do?

Hiya. Traveling in Nov. Staying in Canggu. Want to plan on hiring a nanny for a night and heading out to a really nice restaurant for a night? What would be your choice?? Thinking it will be one in seminyak...

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,501 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which restaurant would you do?

Hi ausvicfam

You are spoilt for choice really. Do you think you can only make it out 1 night? Would you like a restaurant with a view of the beach? Would you like French food, upmarket Indonesian food? Spicy or not spicy? Please give us some clues as to your preferences and we can give our suggestions. There are so many! Sigh....

Cheers

Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which restaurant would you do?

Thank you for your reply ilab!

Hopefully can make it a few nights! Depends on how the kids go with the nanny... From investigation I can see there are plenty to choose from!

Thinking beach, prob seafood with a nice bar area to chill out in.. :-)

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,501 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which restaurant would you do?

Hi

La Lucciola would be great for you but I have also been thinking about it as you can also take the kids there. It is very child friendly! If you really want to be where you are unable to take kids then I suggest Bambu Seminyak, which is my favourite and definitely not child friendly due to lots if water and you would have to keep your eye on them, not at all relaxing!

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
642 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which restaurant would you do?

For a night out I like Mannekepis in Seminyak. They book excellent musicians in the evenings and the Belgian/International menu is really good too. You can hang out at the bar and take in the band or sit formally where the service is excellent.

fairhaven
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which restaurant would you do?

Remember Canggu is about 45 mins away from Seminyak. What about Sarong?

Sydney
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,501 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which restaurant would you do?

Hi babycakes

Sorry but Canggu is not 45 minutes from Seminyak. I am in Canggu right now and it takes 15 minutes for me!

Cheers

Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which restaurant would you do?

thanks for suggestions guys! I shall investigate! the plan is definitely no kids :)

8. Re: which restaurant would you do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:16