We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capacity of taxis

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
626 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Capacity of taxis

How many persons can the taxi from the airport normally ferry? Are there any "bigger" taxis to carry 5 -6 pax?

Thank you.

1. Re: Capacity of taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 14:06
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capacity of taxis

Myself, my partner, my mother, my father and my brother and I all squeezed into a regular Blue Bird quite regularly on our last trip. I just sit on the partners lap in the back and spread out over my mother who sits in the middle seat.

It's not practical for long journeys and day trips, but for between Kuta and Legian it works quite well.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
626 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capacity of taxis

Isn't there any traffic rules about having a maximum number of persons in a cab?

Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Capacity of taxis

I have been to Bali a number of times and me and my family would only ever use blue bird taxis as they are a lot safer and 95% of the time won't try rip you off just make sure you ask them if they use the meter. For the amount of people in the taxi I have been in a taxi with three adopts and three kids as well as the taxi driver so 7 people all together I have never been pulled over in a taxi for having to many people in the car nor has any of my family how ever if it did happen all that will happen is you will have to pay the police offerer a bribe (but I doubt very much this would ever happen)

If you are worried about this there are bigger individually owned taxi vans however They don't have a meter and will charge more and would probably be cheaper to get in two blue bird taxis.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,828 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capacity of taxis

Bluebird taxis cannot pick up passengers from the airport as there is only one company who have the contract to do so. (Ngurah Rai taxis). Taxis are meant to seat 5 including driver.

Bluebird are a good company and are recommended to use during your holiday. There are other companies as well however some don't want to use meters and some have 'rigged' meters.

Having too many people in a taxi can lead to being pulled up by the local 'polisi'. It does happen. To be safe get two taxis as you will need them to fit in luggage and so people will be comfortable.

It is easy to get either two taxis from the airport OR alternatively you can book a local driver in advance. The link given in post one is overpriced. Occasionally but not often hotels will provide a car at a reasonable price, so do e mail them and check their cost.

There is a list on the right of this page under 'top questions' which lists the 'set' prices of a taxi from the airport.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
626 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Capacity of taxis

Thank you all for your responses. Will probably book a taxi from the hotel .

7. Re: Capacity of taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:16