We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Martabak

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Martabak

Ta members,

I just saw Martabek on youtube..it looks yuuuuuuum. Are they easy to get? Does anyone have any favourite spot they get it from? It says that in Indonesia they do a sweet and a savoury one. Which is your preference?

:-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Martabak

On our recent trip to Bali we bought Martabuk from a stall in front of the Indomart in Candidasa. Very clean and delicious. Last year we got it at a night market in Lovina on the main road. They also have it on the menu at the Bali Zoo, the restaurant overlooking the lions.

We like both the sweet and savory types. You get to chose what combinations you want. And they are so cheap. We paid 45,000 for one of each and that was plenty for 2 for our evening meal.

As it is a local meal (Javanese we were told) it seems to be available outside of the tourist areas. At food carts that operate during the evening.

Jane

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Martabak

Go to the Pasar Senggol Nakula. This night market has excellent sweet and savory martabak cooked in front of you .

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Martabak

What is martabak?

Perth
Level Contributor
571 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Martabak

I had a yummy one at Roti Canai in Canggu.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Martabak

Warung Bunana on at the top of Sunset Rd, near Sunset Point shopping centre. It's great Martabak, Rotis sweet and savoury and Tea Tarek . There are 2 other Warung Bunana in Jimbaran and Sanur . enjoy

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,149 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Martabak

Hi Newjamer - it's also called a murtabak - basically a stuffed pancake/bread. There's a wikipedia entry if you are interested and trust wikipedia's facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murtabak

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,590 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Martabak

Mamasan also have a delicious lamb Martabak on their 'bites' menu. Not to be missed if you go there.

Cheers

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
455 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Martabak

I had this at the Sindhu night markets in Sanur last month, SO delicious! cost about $1.

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Martabak

Thank you all. Yum , yum , yum, I can't wait. :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Martabak

Cheers I'll have to try some when we're there soon