We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am scared to make a bad choice

13 posts
Save Topic
I am scared to make a bad choice

Here are my details. 2 kids 4 and 6 landing on sunday night, yes this sunday night at 11pm. We are staying for 5 nights.

I have read all the forums. We will be going to ubud see the monkeys and elephants. And waterbomb park, and turtles and beach.

I dont know if we should stay in a hotel or villa and location???? Stay in one place and taxi day trips or move with the event, ie stay in Ubud for 2 days?

So for Nua Dua sounds a little .... boring. Unless they have a awesome pool with slide kids are going to go crazy there.... maybe. Seminyak has great food and shops but is busy and possibly dangerous busy for kids?

HELP please I beg the gurus of trip advisor and mums that have traveled to this beautiful place. What do I do.

1. Location.

2. Several locations or one base

3. Hotel or villa.... options? (budget 200-300 per night)

Appreciation vibes sent out in advance.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am scared to make a bad choice

For such a short trip I would suggest one base and just do day trips with rest days ( or close to hotel, shopping, waterbom ) in between. Look at the dynasty or Bali Mandira for hotels in your budget not too far from good restaurants and shopping.

I think most kids are happier in a hotel where they can mix with other kids, and most woud prefer not to be dragged around the streets of seminyak looking at boutique shopping. Maybe if you wanted a look you could leave the kids in the kids club for a few hours if towards the end of your trip they, and you, are comfortable doing so.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
232 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am scared to make a bad choice

For 5 nights, only one location. Othersie you will lose too much time packing/unpacking/checkin/checkout.

Location: Sanur - best for kids, best for getting in and out of for day trips, best for the beach. I think a hotel so that the kids can mingle with other kids, for that budget maybe the Griya? Or hyatt as they have a kids club?Although I don't know how much their family/share rooms are.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am scared to make a bad choice

I would suggest one of the nice hotels in Legian. There are several with nice pools, close to the beach The pools in the hotels are bigger, so I would choose a hotel instead of a villa. The villa pools can be quite small.

Stay in one place and do day trips to Waterbom, and ubud.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am scared to make a bad choice

Definately hotel with nice kids pool area and do day trips (not monkeys though If you really want to see them just go up to the gate and stand at a distance to see them!! IMO). Anywhere will be good but maybe more preferable would be the quieter places like Sanur or the northern end of Legian so when walking with the kids it might be easier on everyone when quieter.

australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am scared to make a bad choice

Sanur is the perfect place for you.. Good for the day trips you want. Not boring like Nusa Dua or full on like the Legian area and surrounds. Restaurants on the beach so Kids can play while you sit in comfort eating and drinking etc. Can walk around easily with kids. You will be happy there.

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,741 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am scared to make a bad choice

Have just returned from the Grand Nikko in Nusa Dua - it is a kiddies paradise.

13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I am scared to make a bad choice

Thank you all. Hotel sounds great, its a space issue vs cost, but I totally understand. Will go for one location. Will look into sanur and legion ( I thought that was for party people - im in bed at 9. LOL!) , have not done that yet. I am sorry Nusa Dua but distance and entertainment might be not enough for us. I have looked at the Dynasty but its $400 + for room and well for 42m2 thats not in budget. thank you all. heres hoping I dont have a accommodation breakdown :)

Perth
Level Contributor
223 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I am scared to make a bad choice

Maybe try the new Swiss-belresort hotel in Sanur. With the specials they have you might be able to get two interconnecting rooms in your budget.

Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I am scared to make a bad choice

I would definitely say one location for the short trip, and I would recommend the dynasty, its only 15mins from the airport, walking distance to discovery plaza and waterbom. There is a kids pool with slides and a kids club. They are very helpful to organise your day trips. If you can get a ground level pool side room, as easier for kids going to there own bathroom while swimming. The pool side and room service is resenable price and there are a few restaurants in the hotel.

13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: I am scared to make a bad choice

Would you choose dynasty over hard rock? Yes I have not booked anything yet..Im procrastinating. One of the girls I work with said no go the westin. Sigh.......... or holiday Inn?

Edited: 17 July 2014, 11:31