We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to visit Nusa Lombongan in day trip?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to visit Nusa Lombongan in day trip?

I'll be staying in Nusa Dua for a week and since it's close enough to Sanur - which I've read is where most boats to Nusa Lembongan depart - I'd like to do a day trip of snorkelling since I've never been before and have been told it's a must-do. Am I best to jump on a cruise with a company like Bali Hai? Or take a fast boat over and find my way around on my own? Any advice would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Nusa Lembongan
Nusa Lembongan
Bali, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Hai Bar & Grill
Hai Bar & Grill
1,680 Reviews
Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia
Tweed Heads, New...
Level Contributor
833 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to visit Nusa Lombongan in day trip?

Hi Kate,I think as a first timer to Lembongan I would recommend the Bali hai village day trip.It is the Bali Hai to the pontoon off lembongan where there is a water slide and a submersible tour of the reef.then a punt takes you to Hai Tide Huts on Mushroom bay for lunch then a village tour and a bit of time for a snorkel,kayak or banana boat ride then a punt back to the pontoon,then the Bali Hai back to Benoa.It is a good day trip and in my opinion well worth it as Lembongan is a beautiful place.we have stayed there on several occasions at the Hai Tide Huts.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Hai Bar & Grill
Hai Bar & Grill
1,680 Reviews
Hai Tide Beach Resort
Hai Tide Beach Resort
406 Reviews
Launceston...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to visit Nusa Lombongan in day trip?

Waka sailing. $125AUD leaves about 9am on a sailing catermaran.. Small group only about 20 people.... They take you snorkleling, we rented a scooter for an hour $8 think we paid way too much for that but we managed to check out the island.....ask for a map and be carefully the roads are pretty rough. We did this trip on Thursday 17 July...... I was a return customer as I liked it so much the first time... Good luck.

Jason

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,339 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to visit Nusa Lombongan in day trip?

I would just take the fast ferry as with the Bali Hai ect you are paying for things you may not need. If you want to go snorkeling you might like to have lunch around where you do that instead of returning for the meal you paid for in your package. The fast boat you can get for $30 return and then only pay for the snorkelling.

Yes 808 you did pay way to much. We paid $6 for the day. Live and learn.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Hai Bar & Grill
Hai Bar & Grill
1,680 Reviews
4. Re: Best way to visit Nusa Lombongan in day trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 06:16