We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimbaran seafood rest a must or not

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jimbaran seafood rest a must or not

Is going to Jimbaran seafood restuarants a must do or not. Have been told they can be very expensive. We wAnt to enjoy a nice meal. But font want to pay exorbantvprices. Would lua cafe he a good one . Or should we skip the whole idea of going there. We are staying in legian

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jimbaran seafood rest a must or not

Read the recent posts on Jimbaran Bay and Lia Cafe. There have been many lately. The food isn't great , it's not expensive, but most go there for the sunset and atmosphere rather than fantastic food.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
322 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jimbaran seafood rest a must or not

I agree

Lia Cafe is the best. Must place to eat

Great food, great prices & lovely staff

Ask for a bucket with ice to keep your bintang cold. Fish soup looks like nothing but taste beautiful. Even my 5 fussy kids enjoyed it.

Enjoy. Been back 2 weeks & I'm still heartbroken 😜 Say hi to Wayan for me

Edited: 22 July 2014, 12:39
Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,360 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jimbaran seafood rest a must or not

If you have not been to Bali before then I think jimbaran seafood on the beach is a should do. Most definitely not for the food but for the sunset and ambiance.

Lia would be one of the better choices.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,003 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jimbaran seafood rest a must or not

It really depends what you are looking for,

As Como says it's more about the overall experience of eating on the beach facing the sunset with a mariachi type cover band entertaining the crowd. If you live by the sea and are used to year round seafood and BBQ you could be disappointed with the food, my hometown in France is 250Km from the nearest beach and Ireland is not very keen on seafood so any grilled seafood is welcome.

So food is fine for me, nothing exceptional, but good and I've never thought the prices were high.

Lia is my favorite as well, but if you decide to go to that stretch of Jimbaran (middle stretch at the junction of Jl Pantai Jimaban and Jl Pemelisan Agung) just walk on the beach and decide for yourself which one you like best.

The restaurants towards the end of that stretch where Lia Cafe is located usually have smaller table, you will be less likely to be sharing the moment with a busload of tourist on large tables.

Perth
Level Contributor
484 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jimbaran seafood rest a must or not

We ate at New Langsam Cafe, on the beach, at Jimbaran. Our table was right on the beach, with sunset, fish and chips and fantastic photos. Fab staff who treated us like kings We also ordered the cheesey plate with our photo on it.

We got back to our hotel in Legian, and discovered that the cafe had overcharged us 300,000 IDR. We didn't take it further, as we'd been and gone, But we are now super vigilant when it comes to checking the bill. $30.00 is a lot to be ripped off, anywhere in the world, but it was our first trip to Bali, in 2011,

Still have the plate, loved the night. Just be super careful when checking the bill before you leave the premises. Maybe they saw us coming. Enjoy, it hasn;t spoiled Bali for me.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jimbaran seafood rest a must or not

In Sanur we have a expression. We say it is over priced, over cooked and luckily over there!

You can sit on any beach on the west coast and watch the sunset. I live in Sanur on the east coast and we can see the sun set over the ocean from here as well.

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Jimbaran seafood rest a must or not

My wife and I went to jimbaran on two trips to bali,our 1st at the far end of the beach far from the main resturant strip was fantastic,right on the beach,great service and a great mixed platter of fish,prawns,crab,squid and lobster.The whole thing came with a long neck of bintang and cost $25 each.BARGIN! Next trip was at the fish market end,we had a similar meal this time it cost$100 each,not so happy with that result.this is the restaurant strip that cabs will take you so be careful clearly they get a kick back.But I will say the best thing we did on the last day was to go to the fish markets buy our seafood and have it cooked by a local,4 kilo lobster $50,cooking $5, beers $5 sitting on the wharf watching the brightly coloured boats bobbing in the bay...PRICLESS.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,646 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jimbaran seafood rest a must or not

Providing you pick the right evening for sunset and the right cafe it will be an experience.

Lia Cafe would also be my choice.

What Cempaka said is so true,we like Kesumes in Sanur for lovely seafood and feet in the sand along with a lovely sunset.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jimbaran seafood rest a must or not

My family and I went to Jimbaran Bay seafood restaurants last December. We found the food ordinary and pricey. We went to the ones near Intercontinental Hotel. It's very Bali, eating with your feet in the sand, great atmosphere but quite touristy and I think there are better places to go.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jimbaran seafood rest a must or not

Food was OK but the experience was great. Like others said, beware the weather & the wind !!

Cheers Mac