We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smaller hotel or be and b

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
smaller hotel or be and b

So I was in Sanur for my 60 birthday. Stayed at Sanur Beach hotel. I had expected more Aussies or English tourists . As a Canadian I am used to mre friendly people. Instead I got a lot of quite rude and in one case hostile Euros.

Someone told me that there are smaller hotels where the guests actually talk to each other. I liked the locals and the area just not the guests at that hotel.

I have a handicap so not into swimming. Just like to be able to walk nearby to restaurants, talk to the locals. I may go around the end of December for a week from Hong Kong.

I am not a party person but would be nice to be able to say hi to those nearby without getting hostile stares. So am wondering if anyone knows a more suitable place to stay. Smaller but comfortable. Not sure if they have b and bs there. I am looking into Malaysia as well, we are talking maybe a week.Appreciate any advice. Goal is relax, eat but not party. Or would another area be more suitable?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smaller hotel or be and b

Hi Cactus52. Unfortunately the Sanur Beach Hotel has a reputation as being full of European tourists that get carted around in big buses and aren't particularly friendly. Don't let that put you off. I love Sanur but would never stay there. If you let us know your budget I'm sure we could suggest some more friendly places. I always find the smaller hotels much more friendly.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smaller hotel or be and b

poppies cottages are really nice and is a small compound of Bali huts. close to many resturants. in Kuta though]

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smaller hotel or be and b

Sanur Beach Villas - I understand both the owners and their guests are very friendly and sociable.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smaller hotel or be and b

thanks folks I knew you Aussies would understand. I was planning Christmas 2015, and was going to be in KL and Singapore and thought a week somewhere would be nice, Was even thinking langkawi.

Wondered maybe it might be wet in Baliin December

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smaller hotel or be and b

No doubt you will get some rain but it is generally short, sharp showers - won't upset things too much. We were there in December once and most of the rain was during the night - some spectacular electric storms.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smaller hotel or be and b

ok thanks actually miss those storms had some beauts in Edmonton here we usually don't have them. I looked up Sanur Beach villas. Price for room seemed reasonable , If I can keep it below 80 I can stay longer.

Last time went from Hong Kong but have this thing about seeing Kula Lumpur and going to Singapore again.

Usually end my journey in Hong Kong well maybe Macau.

I did email the hotel. I don't know when the recive requests for Christmas period.

Tjanks for your help. I liked the area I was in but not the looks of the guests except of course the Aussies

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: smaller hotel or be and b

I would recommend Kejora Suites or Tamukami Hotel in Sanur.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: smaller hotel or be and b

I think I will go wit the Sanur villa loved the owners response to my email

9. Re: smaller hotel or be and b

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15