We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to after Candidasa?

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
152 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Where to after Candidasa?

Hi, we are travelling to Bali next July for our first visit. We have a week booked in Candidasa and are having trouble deciding what to do with our next 8 nights.

We are a couple in our 40's travelling without the children this time. We prefer things a bit quieter and less hectic so are not interested in the Kuta type areas (I know there are people who love this type of place but we don't think it is for us).

We do enjoy getting out and looking around, and also enjoy a beverage or 3 of an evening while on holiday, along with a great meal.

I have looked at so many different places and just can't decide what might be a good plan from Candidasa.

Any recommendations, thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time :-)

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,728 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to after Candidasa?

As it's the first time you have travelled to Bali before, I would opt to go to Sanur. It will give you the opportunity to have a greater choice in restaurants, nightlife, shopping and accommodation options.

It is on good beach with a great beach path to stroll and/or bike ride along and Sanur never seems to have a busy feeling about it.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,006 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to after Candidasa?

I would also suggest Sanur.

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
152 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to after Candidasa?

Thanks for your suggestions. I had thought maybe just our last night in Sanur to be closer to getting to the airport.

How hard would it be to get over to Pemuteran from Candi Dasa, perhaps with a stop for a few nights somewhere else along the way?

Port Augusta...
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to after Candidasa?

I would suggest Ubud and then Sanur, that way you get to experience 2 other parts of Bali. We loved both Sanur and Ubud.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to after Candidasa?

I agree with Ubud and Sanur, Candidasa, Ubud an Sanur will give you three totally different areas to experience and are great bases to explore Bali from.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to after Candidasa?

Thanks for asking this question. Exactly what I need to know. We're planning to do the same next July!

Port Augusta...
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to after Candidasa?

To be completely honest, we didn't enjoy Candidasa. We used our time to take day trips but I wouldn't bother going back again. I suppose it depends on what you want from a holiday.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,728 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to after Candidasa?

That is sad to hear gregp, as many of us really enjoy Candidasa and surrounds. It may help to outline what you did not enjoy about CD, to give the OP a better insight into what you found lacking or disappointing.

Edited: 27 July 2014, 03:34
Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
152 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to after Candidasa?

Thanks gregp, what was it that you didn't like about Candi Dasa?

From my research it looks like somewhere we would enjoy as a base so just wondering what you didn't like about it?

Port Augusta...
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to after Candidasa?

Maybe it was because it rained the whole time and our resort was a wee way out. I don't know, it just doesn't appeal to me at all. We went there because my husband wanted to fish. I suppose everyone has their own ideas. I loved Ubud and would go back there in a flash.