We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Garuda flights

The Entrance...
Level Contributor
492 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on Garuda flights

Hi there,

I have been lurking on this forum for a while, great info available!

My questions are..... I am wanting to book Garuda flights from Sydney for early April - NSW school holidays 2015. They are not currently available. Any ideas when they are likely to be released?

The price for the last week in march is just under $700 return, any thoughts on what the average price may be for school hols? Based on prices for other school holiday periods, I am thinking around $1000?? Just considering whether to take the kids out of school as there are 9 of us (6 adult fares and 3 children) so it is a significant saving to go a week earlier.

Thankyou Kristie

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Garuda flights

Your guess is probably as good as mine as to when Garuda will release their flights for April 2015. I would think certainly in the next few months though and as for the price well that's really hard to guess as well. School holidays are usually a more expensive time to travel to Bali especially around Easter, so if you can take the kids out of school it would definitely be cheaper than travelling in school holiday periods.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,600 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Garuda flights

I'm picking that it will be soon as a lot of airlines go for 9 months out. This happened to me last year and you just have to wait.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Garuda flights

With 6 adults flying I would definatly consider travelling before or after the school holidays. We went in september holidays last year and the direct flights from were ridiculously expensive, to the tune of over $1400. We ended up flying air asia, and that was still.over $900 with a stop at KL.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Garuda flights

We managed to get flights in the September 2014 school holidays for $705 pp return.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on Garuda flights

Call them, they are very easy to deal with and give you the same prices as online

Avoca Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on Garuda flights

Just looked and they are just under 700. Pretty good for holiday period

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on Garuda flights

I have booked leaving 31/03/2015 on a tuesday so kids only miss 3 days of school as the holidays start on good friday.Flights are 640 return for garuda return on last minute.

The Entrance...
Level Contributor
492 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on Garuda flights

Thanks everyone, just hate the waiting! Think I will talk to the school about missing a few days, my eldest is in high school and they are a bit strict with leave but it might be the best option. Kristie

The Entrance...
Level Contributor
492 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on Garuda flights

Daisy, where did you see them for $700? The school hols start on 3/4 and I can't find any flights for that period available.

And good idea Troy, might give them a call.

Thanks

Drouin, Australia
Level Contributor
553 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on Garuda flights

You may also want to check the dates for Nyepi day if you're planning to travel at that time of year.