We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels and what to do?

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Hotels and what to do?

My husband and I are going on a trip just the two of us. We are staying in Ubud for the first five days and then down by Kuta or Seminyak for five days. This will be our first trip to Bali and we would like to have a relaxing trip where we can see a ton of culture and maybe party a little on the beach and what not. Does anyone have any suggestions on what hotels to stay at??? And what are the sights that we need to see? Thanks!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels and what to do?

it would help if you could post your budget per night and also what activities you are in to.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels and what to do?

We would like to keep it under $100/night and we would like to see some temples and maybe do some things with animals and see some dances and what not.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,454 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels and what to do?

Hi Amanda - regarding your hotel choices, do bear in mind that time of year can affect cost, so when you're travelling may be useful. What are you looking for from your hotels, in terms of style and location? The more information the better on here.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels and what to do?

We are just looking for something simple with a pool near restaurants. I love the idea of an open air bathroom but as long as its clean and the staff is friendly then we aren't too picky. If it would be easier to just narrow it down to a good location for us to stay in that would work too. We like to walk places and would rent scooters too but we would like to be somewhere close to restaurants and shops and things to do.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels and what to do?

We just want something simple were not looking for luxury. I love the idea of the open air bathrooms. We just want something that is clean with a friendly staff where we can walk/ride a scooter into town.

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,784 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels and what to do?

Inata on Jalan Bisma in Ubud would appear to suit. A nice easy, short walk into town.

Pearl Hotel on the border of Legian and Seminyak is a small hotel in a handy spot with everything within walking distance - a bonus is it's fabulous restaurant.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels and what to do?

google Puri Saraswasti in Ubud. It is in part of an old temple,great location,menu breaky,cool rooms with HUGE bed,lovely staff.I was there a week ago..was $455.oo New Zealand dollars for 3 nights for two rooms..4 adults.Loved it

Edited: 05 August 2014, 09:33
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels and what to do?

Hi Amanda, you didn't answer part of HNB's question. It would be near impossible to give you an answer without it as low season prices can vary immensely to high season prices- then there are peak prices as well.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels and what to do?

Oh sorry we are thinking about going in October before the rainy season.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,454 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels and what to do?

Thanks Ames!

Hi Amanda - have a look at the Mutiara up in Seminyak. Nice little boutique hotel, clean, good little pool, but terrific location near Jl Laksmana/Eat Street for restaurants. Kutaville, just off Seminyak Square, is also a great option; about 16 rooms around a central pool. Again great location at the end of Eat Street. It's a newer property than the Mutiara so less traditional.

As also recommended, the Pearl hotel in Legian is also a good option, on the edge of Legian/Seminyak. Again a more traditional hotel.

All well within budget.

Again, I agree about the Inata Bisma in Ubud as a good option. It has a sister property more centrally located on Monkey Forest Road, also worth a look.

None of these properties have open air bathrooms, although the Pearl has semi-open air where they have mesh over the open bathroom windows. Do therefore be prepared for mossies in the bathroom and the occasional large lizard, probably looking for mossies. The bats won't get through the mesh fortunately.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 18:15