We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Under age hotel booking.

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Under age hotel booking.

Hi, me and 3 friends are 17 and wondering if we can legally check into a hotel in bali? We don't drink we just want to go on holiday but I saw on some hotel websites that you can't check in under 18 years.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,929 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Under age hotel booking.

You'd have to ask the hotel that.

London
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Under age hotel booking.

It was a long time ago, but I was 17 when I first went to Bali with a school friend of the same age. We stayed in three different hotels in Ubud, Kuta and Sanur (back in the days when Legion was considered 'miles' away from Kuta and there was no Jalan Pantai Kuta, the hotels backed straight on to the beach). Anyway, we never had any problems, although I seem to recall that our bookings were all made in advance so it was just a case of turning up. As Sharon says, you should double check with the hotel if you're worried.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
832 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Under age hotel booking.

Could be interesting as us Aussies don't have a very good look where that's concerned ,the age group you are in unfortunately the real party animal types,thats a shame I no because you sound like you would be very responsible .See like schoolies week they are now starting to want an adult to stay with them now and if one is not with them ,they won't let them in.My advice pick nice places to stay ,maybe spend a little more per night and ask them if they will.

4. Re: Under age hotel booking.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:17