We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bottled water

encinitas,calif.
Level Contributor
955 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
bottled water

I understand you need to drink bottled water in Bali. Do the hotels provide enough or do I need to go to a market and buy for my hotel room? what about ice in a drink?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bottled water

Ice in a drink is okay and you will appreciate it.

The hotel may provide a couple of small bottles a day, and it depends how much you drink for it to be sufficient; you may want to supplement it. You may have a mini bar containing a small selection of soft drinks and beer depending on your hotel, which you will have to pay for upon check out.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bottled water

The first purchase i make in Bali is a couple of litre bottles of aqua. You will want them for drinking and teeth cleaning as the small bottles provided daily by hotel are insufficient. Bottled water is very very cheap. I also fill up the ice trays in my room if the fridge has one and take disposable Glad ice bags from home to make ice.

At restaurants I have ice with drinks with no fears.

Hastings, Australia
Level Contributor
630 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: bottled water

I drink a couple of liters per day and the rooms I've stayed in have only provided two 330-375mL bottles so I always grab a few liters the first day and pretty much buy water bottles every day.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bottled water

Bottled water is very cheap here. We pay 30 cents for the small bottles that Stone mentions. A 12 litre container of bottled water is $1.50.

Knowing the real cost of things, I laugh when I hear people proudly mentioning that they get two "free" bottles of water with their $100 a night room.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,033 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bottled water

Cempaka you only buy the water you do not drink it I hope ?

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bottled water

Goodness me Ochervet, nothing was actually mentioned about drinking the water! What a horrid thought. God went to the trouble of inventing beer so it is best if I respect his labours.

Kincumber, Australia
Level Contributor
739 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bottled water

Como5438, I go one better, I actually bring my own ice cube tray from home. Yes, I know ridiculous, but one cannot tolerate that old spice (Hatten) without a cube or two haha!

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bottled water

Take these Tudish, they are flat plastic bags , take up no room in your bag and are the water stays fresh and frost free .

glad.com.au/glad-products/…

Kincumber, Australia
Level Contributor
739 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bottled water

TK Como will get straight onto it! I only have 2 days....192 cubes should last me about 2 days hehehehe!

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bottled water

It sounds like you may be just a tad excited Tudish ;-) you lucky bugger. Lets hope the next two days go fast for you.

great idea Como. Im going to grab some of those :-) thank you for the idea.