We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Bali

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Bali

Hi I just need some advice/recommendations for what to do in Bali.

We are going for 10 days in September. We will be staying 5 nights in Kuta at the Hard rock hotel and 5 nights in Sanur at the Paradise Plaza suites. There will be 2 family groups 8 of us in total. children's ages are 2,4,6&8..

Basically so far we are thinking of

Safari park (haven't decided which one)

waterbom

and a day trip to nusa lembongan

Obviously there will be some shopping and spa treatments as well

We won't be doing the monkey forest we did the monkeys in Japan and my little boy was a bit freaked out at that plus I am a little cautious after reading about monkey bites.

Is there any other must do's?

Also any recs for good/well priced spa's near where we are staying in both places and also must go to shops and restaurants.

another question regarding VOA tax Is it best to have exactly $35 per person in correct notes or will having $140 total be fine?

Thanks

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Bali

The Bali Bird Park is something the kids, and adults, might enjoy.

You don't have to have exact notes for the VOA - $140 in total will be fine.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,935 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Bali

please read our 'top questions' about bali on the right hand side of this page. There is information there on things to see and do and also up to date information on the VOA. You don't have to pay in USD, you can use AUD but no coins accepted. Bali Safari and Marine Park and Waterbom park are very good and should be included.

Level Contributor
7 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Bali

Bali Safari and Marine Park is also a must do. If you are staying in Kuta, you might want to go to Beachwalk for shopping also Centro. I would recommend the Oberoi in Seminyak area for the nice strolls, amazing restaurants, unique shops and boutiques. KU DE TA and Potato Head Beach Club also located in Seminyak. Family friendly restaurants in my opinion would be Biku, Jemme, Zanzibar (great pizza on the beachfront), La Plancha, Trattoria, Woobar at W Retreat and Spa, La Lucciola, Sardine, Métis, Watercress, Slippery Stone and many more depends on your taste and budget but am sure you'll find the one that you really like in Seminyak or in Kuta :)

Waterbom is also great for the kids, lots of fun with families, water slides, swimming, games etc

I loved staying in Sanur because the area is quieter compared to Kuta and Seminyak yet really close to the beach and the people are also warm and friendly at least for me :) you really should try Batu Jimbar Cafe and Restaurant, Bamboo Cafe, Charming, Grocer and Grind, Ryoshi (if you like Sushi and has to be in Sanur since Ryoshis in Seminyak and Kuta was just sucks..sorry)

Talking about Sushi, you perhaps want to go to Bubba Gump in Kuta as well, it's worth a visit :)

Little bit tips : always go with the Blue Bird Taxi their phone number : +61701111/0361701111

And if you have Facebook you might want to like Little Bali Love page as they were always updating what is new in the island for family holiday with kids.

Edited: 15 August 2014, 08:51
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Bali

Thank you so much I will look into all of that

5. Re: First time in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:17