We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mara River Lodge

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Mara River Lodge

We are staying at the Mara River Lodge for 2 nights at the beginning of September, really looking forward to it, just wondering if there are any tips on staying there, thanks in advance.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,732 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mara River Lodge

Lucky you SummarDaz, I'm sure you will enjoy every minute of it. Email Mara River Lodge and book your table for breakfast next to the glass wall between you and the lions. You will more than likely end up with the same table for both breakfasts and night meals.

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mara River Lodge

We stayed there in July. We booked a lion side table for dinner, and got a different one, further away for breakfast. It was still ok though, as we'd seen the lions the night before and they werent doing a whole lot! It was very quiet both times we were there, so it was easy to walk to the window and have a look.

There are also meerkats, so you could request lion view one day and meerkats another.

There is a photo opportunity every night in the lobby, and then an African style dance show which was great. My kids got to have a photo with a Binturong on their shoulder. Very cute.

Definately book the night safari. It costs extra but is great.

Just letting you know also that they aren't great with answering emails, and there was some confusion over the booking of the night safari. We did get on, but not when we booked. There was also a large tour group and I think they got preference (and didnt care about standing or sitting in front of you for the show when you'd got there early and they came in late!)

Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mara River Lodge

i found the restraunt expensive for dinner and not into 'fancy food" so i asked could i order from lunch menu, no problems. was quiet when we went, no problem getting table near the lions, but if busy would pay to book it. loved our stay there

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mara River Lodge

Thanks everyone, glad you all enjoyed it there, have taken all your hints on board

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mara River Lodge

Haha Beemay, I ordered off the kids menu! They were fine with it and we all enjoyed our meals.

Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mara River Lodge

LOL i was tempted .... i thought the staff were really lovely here, weather at desk, cleaning, restraunt or park :)

sydney
Level Contributor
991 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mara River Lodge

this is great - we are staying over for one night and now will book the window seat .

india
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mara River Lodge

Hey, we are also going there next thursday..so exited!!

I tried to email them to book the window seat but no luck!! any idea how to contact them??

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
44 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mara River Lodge

No reply from them either, will ask when we check in, thanks everyone

10. Re: Mara River Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:16