We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water sports

Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
water sports

Which is the beach in bali which offer good water sports and at reasonable prices...is it ok if i book water sports like para sailing, banana boat etc on the spot when i want to do.them or i have to book in advance???

Please advice...

Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: water sports

Guys pls advice.....

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water sports

Tanjung Benoa is the main water sports beach,they have all sports available.

It is a very busy area as all the tour and pre booked groups arrive there.

I would not book in advance.Make your way to the Novotel Tanjung Benoa,walk through the resort to the beach and turn left.there is a water sports counter just after the restaurant.Negotiate with these people to save being harassed by the water sport sellers.

Sanur beach also has water sports and it is a lot quieter there.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,911 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: water sports

I do any water sports in Sanur as I find it quieter. Just turn up no need to book in advance.

Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: water sports

Thank u very much for the advice...i really appreciate it...which place is it cheaper...sanur or the other place u mentioned..??

Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: water sports

What shall be the approx cost for parasailing, jet sking, banana boat?? What is the price i should bargain for...

Friends pls advice..

Auckland, New...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: water sports

Tanjung Benoa. As the advice above go to the Novotel, go to beach, go through the beach bar to the left is Apollo counter. Have used them for visits. Ask for Nyoman but all are helpful.

The good thing about using these guys is that you do your rides a bit away from the mad throng further up the beach.

Once you have done your rides make sure you do go up the beach though to watch the activity. Full on and great to watch for a while plus good food and drink stalls.

Make sure you find out when high tide is cos this is behind a reef so high tide only.

Enjoy. Flying fish are always a gas.

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: water sports

We weren't impressed with Apollo at all. They asked us to pay extra for another ride (cash for them to buy 'lunch'). This was ok if we wanted an extra ride, but when they took us on the donut ride, we felt they weren't going to take us where they should have unless we paid extra. The donut ride was also really, really rough and quite unsafe.

We also waited ages for them to pick us up for our activities (we were on the beach at Novotel) waited more than 30 mins between rides.

Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: water sports

How much did u guys pay for the activities???

Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: water sports

Guys pls suggest me how much to pay for the water sports....???

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: water sports

Go onto the Apollo water sports web page and they have prices. We probably bargained them down somehwhat as there were 4 of us, but it will give you some idea.