We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique gift for friends honeymooning in Bali

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 posts
Save Topic
Unique gift for friends honeymooning in Bali

Hi everyone,

Two friends of mine who are getting married next month are going to Bali for their honeymoon. They're staying at really nice hotels (St. Regis, Four Seasons, etc.) and I'm sure they have a bunch of fun things lined up to do there (they are also not travelling on a shoestring budget).

My question is: Can anyone recommend a creative/unique adventure, activity, site, or anything along those lines that I can do for my friends as a wedding/honeymoon gift? Getting them a bottle of champagne and chocolates for their hotel room is the last resort because I would like something really creative that they might not think of on their own (also, I'm not sure how much that would impress them because I could do that for them anywhere).

I looked into tours but they all seem very touristy and commercial...

I also thought about a helicopter tour but it's out of my budget.

I'd like to spend between $100-150, maybe a bit more for something really worth it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unique gift for friends honeymooning in Bali

You could organise the Mt Batur Sunrise Trek for them. This is certainly different!

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unique gift for friends honeymooning in Bali

How about a couple's day spa treatment? You would have lots of luxury and unique choices in Ubud.

Here are a couple of suggestions in varying price brackets - Maya Ubud Resort and Spa, Taksu Spa, Cantika Zest.

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unique gift for friends honeymooning in Bali

I'm with you Jan (sorry Simi:)' I think the couples spa thing would be wonderful. I know jan has recommended some, and Como suggested one on another post the other day (not in Ubud) that is Prana spa Semiyak.it looks amazing and I can't wait to visit there.

pranaspabali.com

4. Re: Unique gift for friends honeymooning in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:17