We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HNR..Part 2...Two old ducks in Bali

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
HNR..Part 2...Two old ducks in Bali

HNR..Part 2 Two old ducks in Bali......Checked out of the Vira Bali and rang our driver who said he wouldn't be able to come but that his doctor was on his way to pick us up...His Doctor!..oh dear I didn't know what to say, I was a bit shocked to think a doctor was coming to get us,so I said, ' Oh he must be a fabulous doctor!' This was met by a few moments of silence and then quite a bit of laughter before he replied, ' No, no, not my doctor, my daughter!...note to self..get ears checked.

Daughter arrives and OMG she's just beautiful! She has come straight from college and is still in her uniform. Her name was wi wik, she was a great little driver, answered all of our questions and explained a few things to us about life in Bali. Soon we found ourselves at the Bintang Supermarket in Penastanan, where we were met by the two female staff from the little house we have rented. Before we could blink the two young ladies had our heavy suitcases on their heads and off they went..leaving us gobsmacked at first and then waddling after them as fast as we could begging them not to do it. But they were off, up a set of 10 very steep steps and the along a set of paths, about 300 meters, until we arrived at the house.

The House...We love it! It's called Hyacinth House and it's situated on a walking path, ( no cars or bikes) in the little village of Penestanan. Look it up on Trip Advisor:) It's a small traditional Balinese house and I have to say it is everything we wanted it to be. It's a very simple house, perfect for those who have a little bit of the hippy spirit in them. The people here are so chilled out, it's a very relaxed atmosphere, definitely not for 5 star lovers, more suited to the adventurer we think.

Had dinner at the Yellow Flower Cafe. Tamarind drink, Gado Gado, Nasi Goreng with Chicken, Key Lime Pie, Creme Caramel..$22.00..that's just 11 dollars each!

Woke at 4.30 this morning and sat around with our coffees planning the day. We had a good laugh about our shopping adventures yesterday and I said I was going to be much cleverer today and only buy something if I really wanted it. About 6.am I decided to plonk myself on the day/bed Gazebo thingo, which is built up high giving us a great view and allowing us to see whoever is on the walking path. No sooner had I fluffed my pillows than a man walks past carrying coconuts. I said hello as did he and then he asked if I would like to buy a coconut. The coconut was 10 rupiah which is nothing really, so I brought one. He was such a lovely man, he cut a bit out of the top and put a straw in it. I then took the huge coconut in and proudly showed it to Sue who went into hysterics, almost choking to death from laughing so hard. Why was she laughing? Because she doesn't drink coconut juice, neither do I but that hasn't stopped me from ordering another one to be delivered tomorrow morning:)

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HNR..Part 2...Two old ducks in Bali

Oh what a delightful funny post! Enjoyed your first post also!! You could not possibly have declined to buy a coconut this morning!!!

Continue to post more delights of your adventures!

Cheers!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HNR..Part 2...Two old ducks in Bali

Ha, ha, thanks Wendy. We are having such a fabulous time!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HNR..Part 2...Two old ducks in Bali

4.30 is an early start, probably a bit earlier than me and my wife. We both enjoy the early mornings but you two are at least an hour in front of us. If you don't want to drink the coconut water you can wash your face in it. Its very good for the skin. I'm looking forward to your next shopping experience. Thanks for your entertaining hnr.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
235 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HNR..Part 2...Two old ducks in Bali

Enjoying your reports. Thank you! Looking forward to more.....

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HNR..Part 2...Two old ducks in Bali

Another wonderful report - thank you. Looking forward to the next instalment, you write so i feel like your long time friend! Have fun tomorrow

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,549 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HNR..Part 2...Two old ducks in Bali

Thanks again duck, so you'll be peking out for the coconut man tomorrow? I wonder waddle he bring you?

Australia
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HNR..Part 2...Two old ducks in Bali

4.30am ? what does that look like? haha ohh love the coconut story!!! sounds like you are having wonderful time.cant wait for next instllment

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: HNR..Part 2...Two old ducks in Bali

What a great post, THANKS!! I lol'd and added "coconut" cash to my budget for my upcoming trip!

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: HNR..Part 2...Two old ducks in Bali

Am absolutely loving your postings! Thanks for brightening my day!

Level Contributor
392 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HNR..Part 2...Two old ducks in Bali

Another fabulous post, thanks so much for sharing your holiday with us, looking forward to more :)