We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HNR Day 2 We are finally here.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
HNR Day 2 We are finally here.

I have awoken. What's going on it is still dark. Check my phone. Great 3am. I always do this when I first arrive. Still on Sydney time. Oh well so I get up and have a bit of a walk around. Beautiful night, stars are shining and it's warm. At home it would be under 10 degree's at this time. At around 4am I figured time to go back to bed and try to reset the body clock.

Woke again at 6:30am and purposely started crashing around unpacking stuff trying to wake up the wife. I succeeded :). She wakes up and goes yay we are in Bali. Normally this would have been the end of my life but as we are on holidays so this is an ok thing. Figure that.

Had the included breakfast of an omlet and my drug juice watermelon and banana. OMG it is insane. If you can get the banana fritters to dip in it you realize that god must have been a chef. Also which was awesome the bread was not the normal sugar bread. Impressed as I really don't like it.

Next on the agenda was a snorkel. Now people say Candidasa proper is a bit ordinary for a snorkel but it is getting a lot better. Over the last 5 years I have noticed a massive increase in the different types of corals and fish which have populated around the concrete break waters they have put up. We were restricted to inside the breakwaters as the tide was on the turn and it was a ripping current pulling me out fast. I initially went out past the breakwater but even for me and a full power kick I was barely moving. Yeah a bit of a mistake but hey I needed the exercise not. Saw a baby Moray eel, and baby lion fish amongst all the other small colourful fish.

Had a swim and decided it was time for lunch. Tried the in house club sandwich. Not bad. Decided it was Bintang time so we headed out to the main drag. Big changes since 18months ago. Next to Gemini they have put in a couple of Futsal courts. The sidewalks are all paved so no big holes to fall into. Candidasa has always been ok but now it is much better. Only thing is the driveways every 10 metres or so. Have tripped a couple of times on them. At around 2pm we decided we are going to have a drinking day so the wife started a Margarita pub crawl. First stop Vincents. I love watching this as although it is easy to make a Margarita places really tend to muck them up. Ok so the one at Vincents. The face said it all. Yep give this place a miss so headed off to Rendezvous. The sip test ah perfect. So a couple later and a Lumpia we moved on the Le 48. Taste test OMG she nearly spat it out. Waiter remake it please without putting in sugar. Who puts sugar in a Margarita? The remake was pretty good but tiny. Same with Vincents. Rendezvous is the winner on the Margarita test plus half the price of the other places.

Went back to Rendezvous for dinner. Yeah it was ok. Service was excellent. Meal was good. Price was good. Would I go back, probably not.

A late night tonight in bed by 9pm. Yep we are party animals.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,921 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HNR Day 2 We are finally here.

Thanks Urban, cocktails always sounds like a good start to any holiday.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HNR Day 2 We are finally here.

Haven't had a cocktail yet but from what I've read they are a hit or miss kind of thing. I think your going to have a great holiday!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HNR Day 2 We are finally here.

Great to read about CD. We'll be there in 3 weeks for first time.

I can relate to 3am starts at beginning of holidays and Bali and must try the loud unpacking to get the mrs up. Cheers

australia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HNR Day 2 We are finally here.

Great 2nd day. Thanks for writing. Really enjoying the read.

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HNR Day 2 We are finally here.

Your a lucky man a wife who starts a cocktail crawl is a keeper. My time clock never really adjusted last time i hope you have better luck. Thanks for the share. x

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HNR Day 2 We are finally here.

Sugar in a Margarita??? What was he thinking. You do get some interesting additions to bali cocktails. Good info on snorkling in Candi dasa. have to watch for those currents, a lesser swimmer may have got themselves in trouble. Thanks

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HNR Day 2 We are finally here.

A great read - thank you!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HNR Day 2 We are finally here.

thanks heaps again Urban for your report. Just loving it

9. Re: HNR Day 2 We are finally here.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:16