We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book day trips in advance or in bali?

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Book day trips in advance or in bali?

Hi there,

I have been to bali previously but didn't do a lot of day trips, etc due to funds.

This time however I plan to go to Bali Marine and Safari Park and go on a Bali Hai Cruise.

I was just wondering if I am better off waiting till I'm in Bali to book these, or whether I could get ripped out through the bargaining of prices.

Thanks!!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book day trips in advance or in bali?

Generally best to buy over there. However, make sure they are selling you the exact tour you want. They will tell you it is for Bali Safari, but you might end up at the Bali Zoo!!

We always book through our driver. We trust him, and he gets us the best deal possible. And is honest about who the tour is with, so we know if it is not the specific operator we wanted.

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book day trips in advance or in bali?

Book in Bali except for Dolphins, which would need to be done weeks before.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book day trips in advance or in bali?

The first time we went to Bali we booked specific tours, only to find out we paid far more than booking when in Bali.

Our first experience was rather funny, we were picked up from the resort at 7.30am, it was large tour bus with seating for about 40 people. It had a driver and a tour guide, I thought we were going to do the rounds of the hotels and pick up more people to do the tour, NO I was wrong it was only my wife and I on the bus for the whole day.

Now we only do what we want to do when we are in Bali, we use a driver it cheaper.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,474 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book day trips in advance or in bali?

Book in Bali, not only can you often get a cheaper price but you have flexibility in case of bad weather, feeling lazy, one too many bintangs etc.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
848 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Book day trips in advance or in bali?

we had friends that booked in perth to be ready for bali and they didn't turn up.

Turns they forgot and came the next day instead, bit of a shame though as they had to get up at 5am both days.And they had a 50th to go to on the first night .

6. Re: Book day trips in advance or in bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 16:23
Level Contributor
144 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Book day trips in advance or in bali?

Tough question because lots of variables, it depends on how much time you have, my experience yes a bit cheaper to book in Bali but for us we had 5 days last year tried to get a Bali Hai tour couldn't get in fully booked out heard lots of great views on Bali Hai from here but the Bali tour guide convinced us on the "exact" same tour with another company & well it was an experience we laugh about it now but we were certainly disappointed at the time. Our boat was rusty as hell, bits of ripped metal everywhere cant believe it was still afloat & we could only do half the stuff on the boat cause everything else wasnt working. We made the most of the day but wished we had booked at home the Bali Hai as we could see it in the distance & it looked like the royal palace compared to ours.

If you have time yes book over there.

Book as soon as you get there, I know hard to do sometimes as you hate to have too many concrete plans on a holiday.

And if you really want to do a tour you think might be a popular one book at home, contact them direct you might get discounts, or travel agents usually gets a cheaper price too.

We are going again in Oct I have already booked 2 tours on the ones I really dont want to miss out on and the rest we will do over there.

Hope that helps :-)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,936 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Book day trips in advance or in bali?

The majority of things are cheaper to book once you are there. As for the bali safari and marine park you are better to buy your tickets from a street vendor or driver and go there via a private driver. IF you arrive when it opens you escape some of the heat, it is less busy and you can make the most of your time there.

IF you take their shuttle bus you can be on it for some time as it goes around picking passengers up and you lose time.

Bali Hai cruise is always cheaper in Bali and it is a reliable company owned by an Australian so well maintained.

Most things need to only be booked a day or two in advance so do them while in Bali, the exception is Bali Dolpnins which books out well in advance so if you want to do that do that from home.

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Book day trips in advance or in bali?

Thanks everybody for your replies!!

It's all really helpful!!

10. Re: Book day trips in advance or in bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 05:15