We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa Montana

Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Topic
villa Montana

hi, we are going to Ubud dec 25th for 5 days with 6 adults, 2 teens and 3 kids ages 7,5 and 2. Villa Montana is available--does anyone know anyhring about it. also, for our group, what activities do you suggest., plus restaurants, shopping and overall fun. what about transportation for our group of 11--can we get 1 vehicle or are we better off with 2 incase the group needs to spit up for different activies? The villa is only being help for a few more days---so we need help ASAP

Thanks,

BABO

Safe Bali Driver (Ketut Suwenda) - Day Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Bali Tour Guide - Day Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Water Sports, Bike Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Family Bali Tours - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Bali Tours and Private Driver
Taxis & Shuttles, River Rafting & Tubing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: villa Montana

Hi,

December - January is the high season one, so you probably get extra surcharge for the room. I've never been to Villa Montana, but my friend had been there once. It's situated in Ubud, as the center of culture especially painting and handicraft. Most of the accm. surrounded by rice paddy. Lots can be done in Ubud, you may do trekking, rafting, or cyling. Or you may shopping at Ubud traditional market nearby the Ubud Palace. You may come to Ubud Palace too.

You may take 2 coachs incase others wanna go somewhere else. Come to Kintamani to see great volcano and the biggest lake in Bali called Batur Lake. About 1,5 hour from Ubud. If you need transport, I'll give you my favourite drive which I found when I was in Bali. His name is Ketut, good English, good personality, and also cheerful. The vehicle cost is also good with new car and very comfortable. Just email him to get better price. This is his email address baliman@indo.net.id.

I miss Bali so much, hope I can come there next year.

Have a nice vacation.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa Montana

Hi,

I recommended this villa to a friend of mine who has stayed there.

It's very nice and very pretty. Everything was nice. However, she is terrified of bugs and such and so she felt like a prisoner every night as she'd be under the mosquito net once they reached the villa at night.

The thing that freaked her out was because they were having coffee one night and then a rhinoceros beetle dropped into her cup of coffee. After the screams had died down, she decided that while the villa is gorgeous, it's just not for her... at least, not an open air one...however, if you're fine with creepy crawlies, then i think it's OK.

One thing to note though, it is a little far from Ubud centre and it's a big villa.

You may also want to read these posts:

tripadvisor.com/…2990811

and

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297701-i8984-k370…

As for activities, then teens and the one aged 7 (as well as the adults) may enjoy whitewater rafting in Ubud, but are you only planning on staying at Ubud?

As for drivers, better to have 2 vehicles!

Hope this helps.

3. Re: villa Montana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2006, 10:57
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: villa Montana

Thanks for your responses. Villa Montana seems nice, but I am concerned about the distance from Ubud.. With our group of 6 adults, 2 teens and 3 kids, i'm sure that there will be a lot of "coming and going"---restaurants, evening shows, shopping, sightseeing. While i understand that Ubud is 12 miles away---how long should that take. Villa is in the village of Kerta north of Ubud.

Does anyone know of any other villas with at least 4 bedrooms available from december 25th to 30th.

Also, how important is air conditioning at that time of year?

Thanks,

Babo

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: villa Montana

Hi babo,

Yes, Villa Montana/Kerta is quite far from Ubud. Roads aren't that good, so give yourself at least 30 mins to get to the centre of Ubud.

Anotehr 4 bedroom you might want to try is Villa Awang-Awang. I stayed there in April, without air-conditioning and it was fine. It's about 15 - 20 mins from Ubud. You have to pass Maya Ubud to get there and it's sandwiched in between the compound of Tanah Merah Resort. Views are lovely. Breakfast was nice.

There's also Villa Vajra, but am not sure if that's 3 or 4 bedrooms.

I think there's also Villa Indah. Not a 4 bedroom villa, but there may only be 4 villas in that compound (not too sure, I saw it in June), so you may want to check that out as well. If there are only 4 villas, then it is kinda like your own villas as well.

I'm not a travel agent, so I don't know if these villas are available or not. You'll have to check them out yourself. ;-)

Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: villa Montana

hi jade du, thanks for your reply on villa montana. only 30 minutes, i thought it actually might have been more. unfortunately, we started our reseach a little late for that holiday period. as for villa awangawang--it actually is available[ and much less expensive also].. how do you feel about that property for kids-especially the young ones of 7,5 and 2 yrs. do you think that the edge of the pool is too dangerous. did you like the location and enjoy your stay at awangawang. how about the mosquitos,bugs,etc. would you recommend that villa and did you miss the a/c. would you stay there again and is the staff good. what activities did you enjoy and was it difficult to drive to Ubud. did you hire your own car or get a driver.

thanks for your advice.

babo

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: villa Montana

Hi,

Yes, I liked Awang Awang. We were a party of 7, and one of them was a couple in their 80s - opposite end of spectrum. No young ones. ;-)

I felt that we did fine without the air-con. Some of the people whom I went with live in Australia and are jetsetters, and they were fine with that.

As for bugs and all that, well, to tell you very honestly, I'm not really bothered by that. However, if you guys are, then you should just forget about most villas in Ubud, unless it's one that has a closed living area. Most of them don't.

I thought that the pool was OK. The edge of the pool is actually the deep end, so the children can't get up on that, unless they push themselves up (with their arms), as though they want to get out of the pool. I think a villa is always nice for kids because they can run around and unlike a hotel, will not disturb the other guests. But that'a about it. There is a small pond, and it'a mainly the pool. You should also go and check out Tanah Merah resort jsut enxt door. Actually the resort is broken up into 2 and Awang Awang is in between. The owned of Tanah Merah is a retired dentist and he also has a small museum of art pieces in the resort. There's also a restaurant there, so I think that you can have meals there as well.

The staff were lovely. They actually have a free 6 hour tour and so if it's your first time, you may want to try that out.

As for the driver, he was the manager and was very nice and drove us out anytime and everywhere and didn't charge us, although that wasn't his job to do so. I think they only provide a shuttle one or twice a day. We took the shuttle out, but we didn't just ask him to drop us off at one place. There were some people who wanted to check out a few villas, so he very obligingly drove us to them and waited for us as we were checking out the villas. Of course, he must've been pretty free to do that as well, but he wasn't actually supposed to do that. Of course, he got a huge tip after that,

I would recommend that you get a driver. Look in the Inside Pages for that. The most popular is Dean, then I think Putu Nastra. These 2 have been hired by quite a few TA members. Another one with strong recommendation is Edy Kus and Nyoman Rusma. I have tried Nyoman, but not Edy Kus. I normally stick to Putu and Dean. I actually got to know Putu before Dean.

I loved the view of Awang Awang. I would stay there again - if I had a big group. I also want to try Vajra.

I don't know what activities you're talking about - for the children, or sightseeing stuff? Organised by the villa or by things you want to do by yourselves?

You can also have massages at your villa. Price was quite reasonable.

Breakfast was good. We didn't have any other meals there as we ate out quite a bit. You can get the cook to cook for you if you want.

Hope this helps. What else do you want to know?

Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: villa Montana

jade, you are great to be so specific about your thoughts. I can't seem to find the web sites for Tanah Merah Resorts or Villa Vajra. or Villa Indah. How can i find them. We have a decision to make ASAP. Villa Montana is too far, but has a/c. Villa Awangawang sounds good, great location, but i wonder if december is a buggy season. Were you able to close your windows or doors at night or did you use bed netting?

thanks,

babo

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: villa Montana

Hi,

Villa Indah:

http://www.villaindahubud.com/location.html

Villa Vajra:

http://www.villavajra.com/content/view/16/32/

Tanah Merah Resort and Spa:

http://www.tanahmerahbali.com/

I don't really think that Tanah Merah is very worth it UNLESS you are really into art. Each bungalow is a piece of art and there's even one section where he actually dismantled bungalows from anotehr part of Indonesia (Irian Jaya, I think. Not sure) transported and rebuilt them at his resort.

I also noticed that there's a like to Awang Awang on their website.

To check up for more villas, you can just google their names and see what you come up with, Either google or yahoo should be fine.

I think I closed my doors and I also used bed netting the first night. The other people didn't, but I'm a true blue mozzie magnet. If there are 20 people, and only one mosquito, you can be sure that I'm the one who's gonna get bitten.

Dec is actually the rainy season, but what with global warming, the weather is pretty unpredictable. And even if it rains, it shouldn't rain the whole of your stay. I don't know where you're from, but if you're from Malaysia or Singapore, then it's about the same kind of weather.

I haven't been there end of Dec, so I can't realy tell you if it's very buggy or no. ;-)

I might make a trip there in Dec but maybe mid or early Dec. If not, then it'll be in early Jan. Trying to see if husband and get off work.

Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: villa Montana

dear jade, i'm back again. we are thinking about Villa awangawang for our family. You had mentioned Villa Awangawang--please describe it, size of beds, could we fit 3 couples, 2 teens and 3 kids ages 7,5,2 years old. was it furnished nicely and did you really enjoy your stay there enough to recommend it and go back again.? It is considerable less expensive than Villa Montana and Villa Panmutan and i wanted to know if there is anything wrong with it. There is a big difference between 420 per night and 700 to 1000 per night so it makes me concerned. Was the staff nice,how were the meals, was the house in good order when you stayed there? Does any of the staff live on the property?

Please give all of your pros and cons about this property.

Many, many thganks.

BABO